In House Global Mobility Tax Accountant
|Job Title:||In House Global Mobility Tax Accountant|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£30000 - £40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ben Copsey|
|Job Published:||April 08, 2021 12:49|
A leading marketing business in Leeds city centre are looking for an In House Global Mobility Tax Accountant to join their in-house team on an initial 12 month fixed term contract. This is a varied role and would suit someone with either a private client tax, employment tax or expatriate tax background.
This is a leading business based near Leeds city centre. They have a number of different departments and teams and the tax work you would get involved with would be particularly interesting.
You will work with a very supportive team who will offer some great experience and career progression
As the In House Global Mobility Tax Accountant, the post holder will work closely with the International Payroll Specialist and the HR International Manager to:
- Be the primary point of contact for internationally mobile staff to advise on overseas employment taxes and permanent establishment issues;
- Liaise with professional advisers to obtain advice on global tax matters and effectively communicating the outcomes and resulting obligations;
- Manage necessary actions on international cases through to completion, documenting decisions made and identifying responsibilities for actions needed;
- Maintain a record of the international workforce in order to manage and prioritise the global mobility case load and respond to information requests and provide management reporting;
- Utilise the data to provide clear financial information for forecasting and provisions in the accounts;
- Propose solutions which are tax efficient but manage the business risk, and in line with the international guidance;
- Communicate international mobility work priorities and monitor progress to ensure monthly and annual tasks are completed within deadlines
- Work closely with HR to help develop, and communicate policies and procedures, ensuring there is an awareness of the financial, administrative and personal implications for both the business and the staff working overseas;
- Continue to develop procedures for an end to end process ensuring that key system processes are mapped, documented and training documents available;
- Manage the relationship with advisers including the tenders for services where appropriate;
- Maintaining technical tax expertise by attending various training courses as required and participating in internal and external networks to share best practice.
These duties provide a framework for the role and should not be regarded as a definitive list. Other reasonable duties may be required consistent with the grade of the post.
As In House Global Mobility Tax Accountant you will have:
* A recognised professional qualification with a sound understanding of book-keeping or an accounting qualification and practical tax experience within a complex business;
* Current knowledge of overseas tax and social security requirements and expertise of relevant tax legislation with an ability to combine the technical knowledge with pragmatic and commercial judgement;
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to covey complex information to non-specialist audiences and senior staff in a confident and professional manner
* Experience of building strong relationships across the business and externally and the ability to develop a good understanding of the needs of the business;
* The ability to establish priorities, consistently deliver accurate and timely data to deadlines, work using own initiative and proactively look at processes to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness;
* Sound analytical approach to problem solving with attention to detail and an appreciation of longer term implications and practical solutions;
* A good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including; Word, PowerPoint and strong Excel skills. Strong IT skills and experience using large ERP systems for analysis and reporting;
* A flexible approach with a willingness to adapt to changing requirements.
* Commitment to own continuous professional development
Circa £30,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience + a potential for the 12 month role to be extended and made permanent for the right person.
The varied experience and exposure you would get would be excellent for your career so please apply for more details.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
In House Indirect Tax Manager
Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
£50000 - £60000 per annum
Part Time In House Indirect Tax Manager
£50000 - £60000 per annum
Part Time Accountant in Practice
20000 - 25000
Tax & Accounts Senior Accountant / Prospective Director
Competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience and background
0 - 50000