In-house Forensic Associate
|Job Title:||In-house Forensic Associate|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||bonus & bens|
|Contact Name:||Louise Bridge|
|Job Published:||April 05, 2019 15:10|
Advise and work with litigators directly on a competitively wide range of mandates and cases.
Your new company
A global top 100 law firm, with a full suite of service-lines, this firm were one of the first to create an in-house Forensic Accounting team. The firm's culture is ambitious and distinguished by its depth of knowledge, experience and strategic commitment to specialist market sectors. Their pioneering approach to client service, and their sector based approach, has fuelled rapid growth and expansion.
Your new role
Working directly with and advising the lawyers/litigators, you'll be using your accounting and forensic skills, taking day to day responsibility for managing our in house forensic accounting team's input on individual contentious matters. You will be part of multi-disciplinary teams advising clients on all types of disputes within the UK and globally including:
- Commercial disputes
- Post acquisition disputes
- Construction disputes
- Warranty claims
- Professional negligence claims
- Shareholder disputes
and much more
You'll be advising the firm's clients on the quantum and financial aspects of disputes in connection with mediations and other dispute resolution forums, High Court proceedings and arbitrations. You will also get exposure to corporate transactions, business valuations, forensic intelligence gathering, asset tracing, business reviews and financial due diligence. So it its a truly diverse and varied portfolio.
A full specification is available.
What you'll need to succeed
This role will suit senior Forensic Accountants who have a strong litigation and disputes bias in their experience. While the team does engage with some White Collar Crime, that is not the emphasis of this role.
- ACA or equivalent, with strong academics
- Forensic accounting experience to at least Manager level, including commercial litigation, expert witness, business valuations and investigations
- Business development and marketing initiatives
- Business intelligence gathering
- Data analytics
- An understanding of corporate transactions
- Compliance audits
- Experience of document review platforms
What you'll get in return
- Working on high calibre projects with globally renowned lawyers
- Typically people leaving these roles and returning to Practice do so at a higher level
- A gilt-edged contact book if/when you do move on
- A unique ability to "speak the language" of both sides, Expert and Litigator
plus a truly developmental and meritocratic culture where promotion is 100% on merit.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's