IFRS Project Manager
|Job Title:||IFRS Project Manager|
|Salary:||Up to £61600 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Colin Hawkins|
|Job Published:||February 11, 2021 14:06|
As an IFRS Project Manager you will work in a small project team to influence and contribute to the development of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), assessing them for adoption in the UK and ensuring that they are fit for purpose for use by UK companies.
This organisation sets the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Codes as well as UK standards for accounting and auditing work.
The role involves contributing to allocated projects. This may include projects that are part of the IASB's due process, involve the assessment of new or amended IFRS for UK endorsement or research projects.
The role involves:
- Following the IASB's discussions, assisting with the analysis of the IASB's proposals and decisions, as well as assisting with identifying issues and concerns and the development of solutions and technical arguments to support the analysis.
- Preparing and presenting high-quality technical papers, as part of a project team and under the supervision of the Technical Director, and revising as appropriate, within project deadlines.
- Assisting with the gathering of desk-based evidence and assessing stakeholders' views on the project, using formal and informal means as appropriate through-out the project.
- Preparing or providing input for impact assessments appropriate to the stage of the project.
- Helping prepare and participating in presentations to stakeholders.
- A relevant professional qualification and at least two years post qualification experience.
- Knowledge of the financial reporting environment of listed companies and a demonstrable interest in IFRS.
- Ideally, experience in technical accounting work or the ability to demonstrate a clear interest in these activities.
- Ability to work as part of a team and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Candidates with experience working with the financial services or insurance sector are particularly welcome.
- Competitive remuneration package
- 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave.
- Generous employer pension contribution.
- A strong work/life balance ethos.
- Working from home two days a week is possible (once restrictions are lifted).
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Project Manager - Taxonomies & Digital Reporting
49000 - 50000
Internal Auditor - £4billion National Infrastructure Project
£40000 - £50000 per annum
£50000 - £55000 per annum + Local Government Pension Plan
Strategic Finance Manager
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£53000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + NHS benefits, flexi/home working
Finance Systems & Business Intelligence Manager
£37,300 - 40,248 per year + up to £5,000 accountancy allowance