IFRS Project Director
|Job Title:||IFRS Project Director|
|Salary:||£80000.00 - £850000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Steven O'Connell|
|Job Published:||February 25, 2021 13:34|
Project Director - IFRS job based in Central London
Your new organisation
I am currently recruiting on behalf of a regulatory body based in Central London. They are recruiting a Project Director on a permanent basis.
Your new role
This role provides an exciting opportunity to be part of the team being set up to support the work of the UK Endorsement Board to assess IFRS for application by UK entities, influence the development of IFRS and undertake thought-leadership activities to contribute to the international development of financial reporting. The role involves delivering allocated projects. This may include projects that are part of the IASB's due process, or involve the assessment of new or amended IFRS for UK endorsement or research projects. Projects (unless very small) are usually allocated to a small technical team, which the Project Director will be expected to manage.
Other duties will include:
- Developing a project plan with key milestones and clearly set responsibilities.
- Co-ordinating and reviewing the work of allocated project teams
- Engaging with the international debate including the IASB's proposals and decisions, identifying and analysing any issues and concerns, and developing solutions, together with relevant technical arguments to support your analysis.
What do I need?
A relevant professional qualification and significant post qualification experience are required. The ideal candidates will have:
- Good knowledge and understanding of the financial reporting environment for listed companies and a keen interest in IFRS.
- Ideally, experience in technical accounting work or standard-setting or the ability to demonstrate a clear interest in these activities.
What do I get return?
You will be paid a salary of 85000 per annum, plus excellent benefits working for a well-recognised regulatory body.
What do I need to do now?
Please send your CV through ASAP.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Manager, Accounting - Alternative Assets
50000 - 80000
Financial Reporting Manager
£65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
Senior Associate, Audit
Accountant - Alternative Assets (Qualified)
20000 - 55000
Fund Accountant - Asset Management
City of London, London
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits