City of London
Paid per examination session
about 1 month ago
ICAEW’s ACA is regarded as the qualification for business leaders and attracts talented students from a variety of backgrounds worldwide. We are currently looking for professionals from a business or academic background to join our team within the ACA qualification.
The Senior Moderator is responsible for the overall integrity of the production and quality assurance of the ACA exams at the relevant Level. The Senior Moderator is accountable to ICAEW’s Assessment Committee and chairs Examination Review Board meetings. The Senior Moderator is required to work closely with the examining teams and senior staff at ICAEW.
SENIOR MODERATOR ROLE DESCRIPTION
- Convene and chair Examination Review Boards for each exam session.
- Present the results of the ACA Advanced Level exams to the Assessment Committee. Recommend to the Assessment Committee how the results of each session should be determined.
- Confirm that each assessment is consistent with the agreed quality standards set by the Committee.
- Address issues arising from the setting and marking processes which may be of relevance to the integrity of the assessment as a whole.
- Ensure any issues from results determination are fed back into the setting and marking processes and communicated to all levels, as appropriate.
- Facilitate and ensure links between Professional and Advanced Level teams.
- Review and agree syllabus content.
- Be prepared to attend other occasional assessment meetings, and undertake relevant ad-hoc work, as appropriate.
The Senior Moderator at Advanced Level is responsible to the Assessment Committee and is expected to work with the exam teams to ensure the provision of a robust and reliable assessment system.
Applicants for the posts will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- membership of a recognised professional body
- a detailed understanding of the ACA qualification and the ICAEW operating environment
- able to retain the confidence of the Assessment Committee in relation to the integrity of the assessment process
- able to chair a meeting of professional subject matter experts
- flexibility and responsiveness to identified needs
- attention to detail
- respect for the confidential nature of ICAEW’s examination process
- interest in developing modes of assessment
- availability in the period of time specified
Please note that Senior Moderators are not permitted to teach ICAEW students, if appointed.
Fees are fixed and paid per examination session. The work may include at least 12 contact days per year.
How to proceed
Please email ExaminerRecruitment@icaew.com by 21st August 2020 with your CV and a statement detailing:
- how you meet the person specification
- why you would be interested in becoming an ICAEW examiner.
Interviews will be held with members of ICAEW staff and representatives of the Assessment Committee at Chartered Accountants Hall, our London office or will be held remotely via video link.