|Job Title:||ICAEW Examiner|
|Salary:||Paid per examination session|
|Job Published:||March 27, 2020 15:15|
Become an ICAEW Level 4 Apprenticeship Role Simulation Examiner
ICAEW’s ACA is regarded as the qualification for business leaders and attracts talented students from a variety of backgrounds worldwide. We are currently looking for professionals from a business or academic background to join our Level 4 Apprenticeship within the Role Simulation End Point Assessment team.
The Examiner is responsible for the production of the Role Simulation exams and mark schemes according to the syllabus specification and for the marking of these exams. They are required to work closely with the team and the Senior Moderators at all stages.
EXAMINER ROLE DESCRIPTION
- Prepare the advanced information, exam and mark schemes consistent with the syllabuses.
- critically assess the quality of questions and candidates’ answers for each exam and prepare the post exam material with commentaries for publishing.
- organise the marking of written scripts with the assistance of the Moderator or team
- report on the marking and results of the exam.
- attend meetings of the Examination Review Board.
- meet representatives of the tutorial organisations and ICAEW selected publishing partner for the Core Learning Materials to discuss the aims and objectives of the syllabus as interpreted in recent exams and suggest changes.
ICAEW Examiners are experts in their subject area, drawing from commercial and/or academic experience and applying this within an assessment framework. You may be changing career path, looking for additional work to expand your portfolio, or already be working as a freelancer in the professional qualifications space. You’ll likely have recent experience of teaching, setting or marking professional accountancy examinations, usually in the subject area for which you are applying. ICAEW membership is desirable, and membership of at least one relevant professional body is essential.
Applicants for the posts will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- membership of a recognised professional body
- Good overall knowledge of the accountancy and finance foundation subjects; accounting both from an financial reporting and management perspective, company and business law, assurance, taxation including personal tax, corporate taxes and VAT and business finance (to include sources of finance, economics and organisational governance) and ethics. Together with a good overall knowledge of the whole field of accountancy
- team player
- willingness to work with a senior moderator and with ICAEW staff
- flexibility and responsiveness to identified needs
- attention to detail
- ability to work to strict deadlines
- respect for the confidential nature of ICAEW’s examination process
- interest in developing modes of assessment
- availability in the period of time specified
Please note that examiners are not permitted to teach ICAEW students, if appointed.
Fees are fixed and paid per examination session. The work may include approximately three to four contact days per session as well as the time required for setting questions and papers, mark schemes, marking and report writing.
How to proceed
Please email ExaminerRecruitment@icaew.com by 13th April 2020 with your CV and a statement detailing:
- how you meet the person specification
- why you would be interested in becoming an ICAEW examiner.
Interviews will be held in either Metropolitan House, 321 Avebury Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes MK9 or via Telephone on or around 26th May 2020.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's