ICAEW Certificate in Insolvency Moderator
|Job Title:||ICAEW Certificate in Insolvency Moderator|
|Contact Name:||Helen Jones|
|Job Published:||October 26, 2021 14:52|
ICAEW’s ACA is regarded as the qualification for business leaders and attracts talented students from a variety of backgrounds worldwide. We are currently looking a professional from a business or academic background to join our Certificate in Insolvency team as a Moderator, within the ACA qualification.
Moderators work in accordance to guidelines set by ICAEW. Main responsibilities are to:
- work with the Examiner to manage a bank of questions, ensuring they meet the requirements of the examination process and are consistent with the syllabus.
- agree to prepare or commission new questions, as required.
- ensure that questions are tested and reviewed.
- use web-based software to review and update all questions and answers in the bank annually, being responsible for their accuracy with the Examiner.
- discuss the profile of marks awarded for each question with the Examiner
- assist the Examiner in ensuring that the bank is of sufficient size and quality, to provide varied and reliable tests which cover the syllabus at the correct level.
- review test statistics regularly to identify and resolve and potential issues.
- regularly review the relevant sections of the published syllabus, informing Assessment staff of any changes in standards or in other areas.
- ensure all questions are in line with the published learning materials.
- be prepared to attend occasional assessment meetings, as appropriate.
- agree responses to candidate queries on tests and questions with the Examiner to be sent to the Assessment team.
- notify the Assessment team of changes in working situation and of periods of absence.
ICAEW Moderators are experts in their subject area, drawing from commercial and/or academic experience and applying this within an assessment framework. You may be changing career path, looking for additional work to expand your portfolio, or already be working as a freelancer in the professional qualifications space. You will likely have recent experience of teaching, setting or marking professional accountancy examinations, usually in the subject area for which you are applying. ICAEW membership is desirable, and membership of at least one relevant professional body is essential.
Applicants for the post will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- membership of a recognised professional body
- specialism in insolvency together with a good overall knowledge of the whole field of accountancy
- team player
- willingness to work collaboratively with senior moderators and with ICAEW staff
- flexibility and responsiveness to identified needs
- attention to detail
- ability to work to strict deadlines
- respect for the confidential nature of ICAEW’s examination process
- interest in developing modes of assessment
Please note that examiners are not permitted to teach ICAEW students at the relevant level, if appointed.
Fees are fixed and paid quarterly. A daily rate for any required additional work will be paid on a time spent basis.
How to proceed
Please send your CV and a statement detailing:
- how you meet the person specification
- why you would be interested in becoming an ICAEW Moderator
To ExaminerRecruitment@icaew.com by Wednesday 10th November
Interviews will be held remotely via Microsoft Teams on or around 13th December
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's