CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting an ICAEW ACA Graduate Scheme Manager (Part-time FTC Maternity Cover) to join the team located in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting and driving future Finance talent within the business through delivery of the ACA Graduate Scheme. This role is not expected to fulfil 3 days per week, therefore additional tasks are noted below. These are examples but may be replaced with tasks at a similar level and time requirements.
• Manage the recruitment process for the annual intake of new graduates in September of each year including organising and leading assessment centres for all phases of recruitment utilising both internal and external stakeholders:
- Phase one: utilise an external stakeholder e.g. GTI or direct advertisements for graduate applications and review pool of applicants based on psychometric testing and profiling
- Phase two: assessment centre consisting of short interviews by internal stakeholders and introduction to CBRE as a business
- Phase three: half day assessment centre consisting of group exercise, interview and presentation
- Phase four: liaise with HR to make formal offers to new graduates
• Promote the Graduate Finance Scheme internally to ensure that all areas of the business have a compliment of graduates in various positions and ensure that all roles are identified before new graduates join
• Responsible for the induction of new graduates into the business, introducing them to CBRE, their roles, their line managers and councillors
• Organise graduate rotations so that over the course of three years they have experience in Contract Support, Central Finance, FP&A or specialist Finance functions e.g. tax. Rotations are to take place every six or twelve months ensuring both graduates and line managers are kept informed
• Be the primary contact with the ICAEW and First Intuition for all areas of the ACA Graduate Scheme including any annual audit on the scheme by the ICAEW
• Organise the plan for when the graduates’ study with First Intuition and their exam rotations and communicate that with their line management
• Ensure a graduate has a councillor from within the business and that counsellors understand their role and responsibility to carry out regular reviews with the graduates to ensure they are on track with completion of exams, ladders and ethics
• Work with the QPRT to ensure that graduates have completed their ICAEW online training records and counsellors have a recorded their CPD
• Liaise with HR to arrange annual salary reviews and exam bonuses in line with the ACA Graduate Scheme policy
• Where a graduate is under performing whether in their current rotation or completion of ICAEW exams, ensure that the line manager is conducting performance reviews and if required implement a performance improvement plan
• As appropriate invite ICAEW representative to provide updates to both graduates and councillors
• Hold social events for graduates to network together and with the wider business
• Continually review and put forward improvements for how to build a world class Graduate Finance Scheme
• Additional ad hoc duties including but not limited to:
- Company secretarial & Treasury ad hoc requests
- Legal entity ad hoc matters – e.g. Recapitalisation
- Other discreet EMEA controllership projects
• Hold a Chartered Accountant qualification (or equivalent)
• Highly computer literate
• Minimum 3 years post qualification experience & experience of running a central finance team
• Must demonstrate a strong focus on customer service
• Very strong communication and management skills
• Self-motivated and ambitious
• Results/ task orientated, with attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Commitment to continuous improvement
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
• Committed to customer service delivery
• Calm manner, able to work under pressure and with changing demands and priorities
• Confidential and discrete approach
• Smart appearance
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide.
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.