|Job Title:||HR Director|
|Salary:||90000 - 120000|
|Contact Name:||Brendan Mare|
|Job Published:||May 01, 2019 12:00|
Menzies LLP is currently looking for a passionate & talented individual who not only aligns with but also live & breathe our Menzies values to join our growing & dynamic firm as our new internal HR Director to be based from our Egham office in Surrey.
The internal HR function forms part of the Operations Support Group within Menzies with IT, Marketing and Finance being the other members. A comprehensive strategy has been developed by the Operations Support Group leaders that has resulted in a programme of collaborative projects that will enable the business to accelerate its growth and success, embracing new technologies, processes, behaviours and attitudes. The implementation of these projects is a vital part of HR’s agenda, alongside maintaining and continuously improving the daily support it provides across all aspects of people management.
The HR department has a robust foundation of strong & talented professionals who manage very clear and efficient processes, accurate data and visible client service. The function has advanced to the next level by making a greater contribution to personal and business success through initiatives on performance development, employee engagement, talent management and succession. We have recently launched a Training Academy to develop our vision to move away from Technical Compliance to Strategic and Commercial Skills required to advise clients, and a Career Sponsorship Programme which embraces the increasing appetite for different learning experiences and more flexible career paths.
We need to inject senior level HR talent to provide generalist HR leadership.
The successful candidate will be expected to add real value to the strategic and tactical debate around how best to deliver a premium HR service to a multi-site operation and be responsible for the internal HR team’s overall delivery. This role offers great scope and influence with high levels of autonomy and an opportunity to exert influence and impact from day one. It provides a platform to shape and effect the key cultural drivers of the firm as it advances further down the multi-service path in the months ahead.
The role is based at the firm’s Heathrow office in Egham and reports to the Menzies LLP Partner responsible for the internal HR function. There will be frequent travel to the other offices.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
As well as the usual duties associated with a position of this type, there are specific expectations that need to be emphasized:
- Work with the HR team to further develop the HR strategy within all areas including Talent Acquisition, Engagement, Learning & Development, Reward Strategy, M & A activity to name but a few.
- Lead the operational HR function and team of HR Managers, Advisor's and Assistants in the provision of a high quality service to the entire Menzies team across the offices.
- Forge excellent relationships with the Partner community and engage with them at each stage on options, plans, outcomes and implementation status.
- Offer insight and best practice guidance across the full range of HR service provision, including talent management, training, reward, employee relations and performance management.
- Engage with relevant and proven external HR service providers so that Menzies receives the best advice at fee levels which deliver genuine value for money.
- Provide timely and sensitive coaching and mentoring to Partners and their teams as they tackle challenging issues and opportunities.
- Offer innovation and new thinking regarding the opportunities available to HR to make the maximum difference to the business.
- Work closely with the other parts of the Operational leadership team to deliver a “joined-up” strategy for change, enabling significant improvements that Partners can confidently take to their clients.
- Assist the Operational leadership team in the digital transformation of our business processes.
- Quickly assimilate the characteristics and distinctive features of a Partnership culture and Menzies in particular.
- Develop the current talent strategy to ensure strong talent pipelines within service lines.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- Must fit with our 'BRIGHT' values!
- CIPD level 7 qualified.
- A strong leader and influencer of others; whether it be the immediate HR team or the wider Menzies community and sufficient gravitas to challenge the status quo.
- A proven subject-matter expert in terms of generalist HR, ideally gained within a professional service oriented environment. Partnership experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of M&A and TUPE transfers is essential.
- An innovator who is committed to ongoing improvement in the HR service offered. A forward thinker and someone able to talk strategy and tactics with confidence.
- Focused on ensuring that day to day service delivery is at an excellent standard, as an essential pre-requisite to being given accountability for more strategic initiatives.
- Interested in and engaged with the business and is able to therefore interpret this knowledge to find the best HR solution which reflect the realities of the situation.
- Motivated by seeing things through to the end – a proven “completer-finisher” who delivers on promises and is driven by achieving clear outcomes.
- Able to demonstrate sustained success and achievement across the HR generalist agenda but with specific emphasis on relationship management with a demanding senior client population.
- An enthusiastic adaptable and forward-thinking individual with a pragmatic and collaborative style.
- Keen to talk tactics and engage in the potentially complex and unpredictable task of delivery – willing to be operational when required. Commercially savvy, a pragmatist and a natural relationship-builder.
- Able to think “outside the box”, develop creative solutions and work at a pace towards clear objectives.
- Exposed to and personally experienced in coaching and mentoring, and able to gain the trust and confidence of the senior executive team so that they are a willing participant in the HR agenda rather than a mere “observer”.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new HR Director then apply online ASAP.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's