|Job Title:||Headquarters Accountant|
|Location:||Crawley, West Sussex|
|Salary:||Up to £40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Richard Latham|
|Job Published:||May 21, 2020 12:44|
This is a newly created opportunity with a global multi-billion dollar company.
ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant
The company spans the globe, across Europe, North America and the Far East, they work at the frontier of their industry, providing state-of-the-art production equipment to leading manufacturers. Due to an internal promotion the company is seeking an Headquarters Accountant to work within its European Operations. The role will be based in our European Headquarters, Crawley,
- Manages the development, implementation and/or maintenance of one or more accounting systems:
- Journal entries, General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Revenue Reconciliation, Cash Flows, etc. in accordance with GAAP policies and procedures.
- Design operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve efficiency.
- Ensure integration of data produced into systems and supports objectives of financial analysts.
- Ensures the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data and revenue.
- Participates in annual audits and special projects.
- Work with external consultants or auditors to provide required information and ensure proper record keeping for historical purposes.
The candidate must have at least 5 years relevant financial experience in a large organisation, ideally operating in a multi-currency environment
Must be able to demonstrate:
- Strong numeracy skills, be comfortable working in different currencies and applying exchange rates
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to maintain accurate records
- Good time management and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise effectively and meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Good interpersonal skills - Should be a flexible team player, proactive and have the ability to succeed in a complex and dynamic environment.
- An understanding of compliance, continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Experience of working in an international organisation
- A recognised accounting qualification
- Strong PC skills, especially Outlook and excel, with the ability to perform basic data analysis e.g. extracting data and applying pivot tables
- Proven experience of ERP packages, ideally Baan or SAP
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Stake Holder Pension Scheme - Auto enrolled
- Private Medical Insurance - Optional
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance providing a death benefit of 4 x basic annual salary
- Office working hours are 08.30 to 5pm
- Car Parking is available on site for all employees
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£45000 - £55000 per annum
Wigan, Greater Manchester
£48000.00 - £56000.00 per annum + enhanced benefits
£35000 - £38000 per annum + benefits
£38000.00 - £42000.00 per annum