Head of VAT
|Job Title:||Head of VAT|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£50000 - £60000 per annum + + other exciting benefits|
|Contact Name:||Ben Copsey|
|Job Published:||April 03, 2020 15:53|
A global manufacturing and production business based in Manchester are currently looking for a Head of VAT to join their established finance team.
The business has an excellent reputation for looking after their staff and the tax team is one of the most well regarded teams in the North West.
A global manufacturing and production business based in Manchester.
As Head of VAT, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Managing the VAT compliance process for the EMEA region to ensure that all specific in-country VAT and Statutory requirements are delivered accurately and to deadline including VAT, EC Sales Lists and Intrastat Returns and ensuring that all payments are made in accordance with country specific compliance calendars.
- Managing and leading the team of VAT specialists.
- Implementation and operation of a strong internal control environment & framework to ensure compliance with corporate directives & guidelines.
- Responsible for reviewing and monitoring the integrity of relevant financial systems, tools and data and to follow up and resolve issues with the IT team as required.
- Optimize processes and systems where possible to improve cost efficiencies, process reliability and clear segregation of duties.
- Ensure compliance with the corporate accounting rules and reporting calendar
- Key point of contact for any VAT related queries from the business, other group functions & internal stakeholders, tax authorities and external stakeholders.
- Monitoring developments in the VAT and Customs legislation legislative changes to ensure compliance with all country specific statutory requirements and evaluation of the impact of the changes.
- Identifying and minimising VAT risks and ensuring that there is an effective system of controls is in place to mitigate identified risks.
- Maintaining the ERP system (SAP) for VAT including making new entries in the tax tables, monitoring tax configurations, resolving system errors, performing testing and approving configuration changes to ensure the accuracy and integrity of all VAT processes and associated VAT returns.
- Provide necessary support to GF Trade Tax and Compliance to successfully deliver any relevant re-engineering initiatives as and when required.
- Primary point of contact for country VAT audits and co-ordination of the provision of information, follow up and resolution of questions, queries and issues.
- Assist with the budgeting and forecasting processes to accurately assess cash flow requirements.
- Provide advisory support to the business and other group functions as is necessary and communicate VAT matters in concise and clear manner to non-tax professionals.
- Proactively escalate relevant issues on a timely basis to the Head of Trade Tax and Compliance where appropriate
- Actively participate in cross functional projects as required including system testing.
Maintain, review and test the VAT procedures and documentation to enable the CFO to sign off the certificate to be submitted to HMRC
- Monitor emerging legislative changes at the EU level due to rulings of the European Court of Justice having implications across all EU jurisdictions.
The successful Head of VAT will have:
- At least 5 years relevant previous senior level indirect tax experience in multi-national organisation or public accounting organisation with significant experience of EMEA VAT in either an advisory capacity and/or a compliance environment and a good understanding of VAT/Customs implications a complex supply chain.
- Bachelor's Degree, Professional Certification (ACA / ACCA / CTA) advantageous.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to balance multiple projects and multiple demands simultaneously with the ability to take ownership and
- drive change,
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Fluent English communication and strong intercultural experience.
- Exceptional inter-personal skills and use of these skills in a demanding and fast paced customer focused environment.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and manage time effectively.
- Encourages team spirit and promotes knowledge sharing.
Compensation: £50,000 - £60,000 depending on experience, inclusive of a global bonus program and an individual performance bonus program.
Comprehensive Benefits: A mixture of various benefits to support financial security, health and well-being including retirement plans, health programs, life insurance and medical care.
Work-Life & Flexibility: Support in maintaining a balance between working hours and personal life.
Training & Development: Commitment to your professional and personal development and encourage you in the ongoing pursuit of education, training and knowledge through both formal and informal learning .
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Finance
Car Allowance + Pension + Bonus
Centre of Excellence Manager
Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Centre of Excellence Senior Manager
Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Semi Senior Accountant - multi sited firm of accountants
£22000 - £26000 per annum
Tax Manager - Vibrant business - Excellent Role
£40000 - £50000 per annum