£50k - 54k per year
25 days ago
Do you consider yourself a tax expert? Keen to work in the not for profit sector for a household name charity? Could you provide advice on payroll tax, gift aid, VAT and corporate tax to Executives within a business? If yes, this could be your next role!
Robertson Bell are pleased to be partnering with this fantastic and well known charity whilst they recruit for a permanent Head of Tax. This stand-alone role could be offered on either a part time or full time basis and will provide vital expertise in relation to tax to the finance team and wider organisation. Duties for this role will include:
- Maintain oversight of all activities within the organisation ensuring you have a thorough understanding of any tax implications.
- Provide tax advice on areas including gift aid, corporate tax, payroll tax and VAT.
- Ensure the charity does not incur unnecessary tax overheads.
- Offer solutions on any tax issues.
- Lead on tax planning and new proposals for savings through tax.
- Ensure all quarterly and annual tax returns are submitted accurately and on time.
- Oversee the organisations partial exemption approach.
- Liaise closely with the fundraising team keeping abreast of fundraising activities.
This opportunity will suit someone already in a tax focused role who has the autonomy to plan their own workload and make key decisions. You will report into the Head of Strategic Finance and would be based officially out of their head office in London however the role would start remotely for the first few months. Candidates seeking part time or full time work are urged to apply.
This successful candidate will be:
- Either part or fully CTA qualified.
- Experienced in a tax focused role within a large sized organisation.
- A clear and confident communicator.
- Knowledgeable around partial exemption.
Charity sector experience and knowledge of overseas tax would be beneficial but is in no way essential.
If interested, please do not delay in applying as CV’s will be reviewed daily.