Head of Tax
|Job Title:||Head of Tax|
|Salary:||£80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Matthew Phipps|
|Job Published:||June 27, 2019 09:20|
Head of Tax role for a £900m turnover business in Reading
Your new company
is a commercial and acquisitive business operating in the heart of Reading. Their turnover has grown exponentially over recent years, and you will be heavily involved in the strategy advisory on future growth.
Your new role
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Head of Tax oversees the tax affairs of the business and ensures all tax matters are handled effectively and appropriately. Key aspects of the role include:
- Governance - ensure the organisation operates within an appropriate tax governance structure including SAO and tax strategy and that this structure evolves in response to internal and external change.
- Advisory - own the delivery of tax advice to the business in both a reactive and proactive capacity. This will include contract reviews, supply chain optimisation, tender support and training.
- Tax authority relationship - maintaining the strong relationship the company has with HMRC and in particular our "low risk" status; evolve the relationship with other tax authorities as appropriate.
- Compliance - deliver accurate and timely VAT and corporation tax compliance across all jurisdictions.
- Team - manage and develop the tax team (VAT Manager, 2 Tax Accountants and a Tax Analyst)
- Acquisitions - lead the tax integration of any future acquisitions.
- Advisors - manage tax fees and advisor relationships.
What you'll need to succeed
CTA, ACA or ACCA qualified with strong VAT knowledge, and a working knowledge of corporate tax and accounting knowledge.
- Strong ability to adapt and pick up new knowledge and skills quickly
- Strong inter-personal skills
- A down to earth and practical style
- An ability to explain tax matters (especially VAT) in 'layman's terms'
- Inquisitive with attention to detail.
- Practical approach to problem solving.
- The ability to work well under pressure and to deliver results
- Have a good understanding of IT systems, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Self- motivated & driven
- Needs to be customer focused - internally and externally. The company is a customer service business first and foremost.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a competitive salary, £6k car allowance, full expenses paid fuel card and a £5k bonus.
On top of this, a competitive benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Finance
Up to £90,000 per annum
Interim Head of Financial Services
£550 - £600 per day
Interim Head of Financial Control & Reporting
£550 - £600 per day
Interim Statutory Accountant
£150.00 - £300.00 per day