Head of Risk - International Motor Company
|Job Title:||Head of Risk - International Motor Company|
|Salary:||£90000 - £93000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Rebecca Scuffam|
|Job Published:||May 29, 2019 12:05|
Contributing to risk management in the European Region including crisis management, insurance, GDPR and governance. Line management of the Risk and Data Protection department managers.
Our client is a global company with a local vision; they have an enterprising spirit, and a free, open-minded atmosphere.
They believe in constantly pushing the boundaries of excellence to achieve ever more powerful, efficient and enjoyable driving machines and power products.
They are the largest engine manufacturer in the world being comprised of 500 businesses in 28 countries. They have 134 production facilities plus another 31 research & development facilities in 15 countries.
They design, develop, manufacture, distribute and sell cars, motorcycles, marine engines, lawn mowers, aircraft and much more ...
- Solely responsible and accountable for the annual risk regionally, coordinating cross functional management to deliver self-assessment; advise on the suitability of countermeasures and ongoing monitoring of action plans
- Overall responsibility for risk policies, processes, assessment and evaluation.
- Ensuring policies for the European group are appropriate, up to date, well documented and implemented appropriately.
- Chair risk management committee
- Supervise education and training of the Risk Management function.
- Ensure reporting of risk to the senior management team, Regional Operating Board and internal and external auditors
- Create & approve the annual plan for Risk Management
- Periodical report to the Risk committee
- Annual report on risk evaluation
- Monitor crisis incident such as earth quakes and terrorist attacks in the European Region along with cooperation of risk management members
- Decide timely and appropriate an appropriate action when crisis incident occurs along with the Top Management
- Supervise the education and training of crisis management
- Provide oversight and challenge disaster recovery and business continuity management
- Report to the related associate and division including risk management department on crisis incident in the Region
- Manage Insurance excluding some insurance such as marine and logistics
- Negotiate with brokers at competitive premiums
- Maintain relations with insurance service providers (brokers and key insurers)
- Develop and implement strategic approach to how insured or insurable risks are managed and aligned with the risk profile.
- Lead & manage the Data Protection team
- Maintain and facilitate data protection activities along with legal department
- Lead Corporate Governance self-assessment activities with the legal department
- Supervise Global Confidentiality Policy activities with legal department
- Experience and achievements in risk management
- Background in identifying risks in relation to insurance and data protection
- The role will suit someone who is well-organized, analytical, motivated to challenge and excellent in problem solving
- Proven track record for managing a department & employees
- Works well under pressure and tight deadlines; planning and prioritising time efficiently whilst maintaining high quality
- Flexibility to travel on the Company's business as required
- Strong leader, experience of leading a team, with ability to manage, coach and develop staff effectively
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills at all levels
- Ability to think strategically whilst demonstrating close attention to detail and strong project management to deliver a high output.
- Proven ability to work effectively in an international environment, with people from many cultures.
- Head of Risk Management
- Circa £93,000 pa
- Line management of 2 managers
- Reporting to risk committees
- Bracknell base
- Low travel - circa 3 trips per year to Japan
- Well known brand
- Challenging and varied role
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of VAT
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000 - £60000 per annum + + other exciting benefits
Interim Management Accountant
£35000.00 - £42000.00 per annum
Interim Finance Director
City of London, London
£500.00 - £600.00 per day
Finance Manager / Senior Financial Accountant
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£50000 - £55000 per annum