Head of Operations
|Job Title:||Head of Operations|
|Job Published:||August 08, 2019 11:56|
Due to growth we have a vacancy for a qualified Accountant to run our day to day operations team. This will involve managing a team of 2-4 Accountants, reviewing work, and helping the practice to modernise working practices. You will be acting as a member of the management team and report to the Principal.
- Salary To be determined.
- Terms of employment 37.5 hours per week
- Hours of duty To be agreed (7.5 hours between 0900 and 1800 with core hours between 1030 and 1630)
- Reporting to: Principal
Principal Duties and responsibilities
Indicative percentage of time spent on areas of work.
- Focussing on development of the practice through digitisation and automation (25%).
- Reviewing partnership and limited company accounts to an exceptional standard (25%).
- Preparing limited company accounts for groups of companies as well as the largest clients and
- attending at clients’ premises as required (10%).
- Assisting in planning and overseeing fieldwork and finishing of audit assignments (5%).
- Reviewing VAT returns (5%).
- Assisting with staff queries and issues (5%).
- Dealing with clients’ queries (5%).
- Overseeing accounting staff (5%).
- Assisting in training staff (5%).
- Assisting the firms Principal and Practice Manger with networking (5%).
- Leadership Team responsibilities (5%)
Education – Essential
- Qualified ACA/ACCA,
- Good honours degree or equivalent,
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Experience – Essential
- Working in public practice for a minimum of 4 years
- Working in small/medium sized practice for a minimum of 3 years
- Using IRIS Accounting Practice Suite for a minimum of 2 years
- Post qualification experience of at least 2 years Experience of supervising and teaching other members of staff
Experience – Desirable
- Auditing FRS102 accounts
Job related knowledge, aptitude and skills. Desirable
- Ability to review others accounts, tax and VAT assignments to partner level
- Ability to complete accounts assignments through to partner review
- Excellent knowledge of IRIS Accountancy Suite including Accounts Production, Business Tax, Personal Tax, Company Secretarial and Company Formations
- Good understanding of FRS102 including section 1A
- Exceptional written and spoken English
- Exemplary written, verbal and face to face communication skills and the ability to listen
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent knowledge of Xero
- Ability to play an active part in the development of the practice
- Networking with current and potential clients
- Knowledge of Virtual Cabinet, Payroll manager, GoProposal
- Having the ability to use your own initiative to resolve issues while demonstrating good judgment of when to seek clarification from superiors
- Ability to achieve quarterly performance targets
Personal Qualities – Essential
- Confidence, drive and enthusiasm
- Ambition to progress in your career
- Flexibility and adaptability
- A capacity for hard work and manage your own work load and encourage more junior staff to do to the same
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Professional scepticism
- Accept responsibility and instil it in others
- Ethical approach to work
- Empathetic to clients and staff
- Have a positive attitude and can have fun.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of VAT
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000 - £60000 per annum + + other exciting benefits
Head of Reporting
49000 - 62000
Head of Finance - Professional Services - North London
North London, London
£70000 - £90000 per annum + negotiable
Flexible Talent Network - Centre of Excellence (CoE) Manager
Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Small Firm Accounts Manager – New office of Established firm
42000 - 50000