Head of Operational Finance
|Job Title:||Head of Operational Finance|
|Salary:||£70000 - £85000 per annum + car allowance, bonus, benefits|
|Contact Name:||Dan Saunders|
|Job Published:||July 15, 2020 17:00|
Head of Operational Finance position based in Warwickshire with international utilities provider.
Lead role in delivering on major transformation program.
Major Midlands Plc with head office in Warwick. This utilities provider has a proven track record of challenging and rewarding career paths and market leading employee benefits.
The business is undergoing a transformation that will re-establish itself as a quality provider of efficient and effective services to the whole Group by overhauling its end to end processes to deliver a quality service to internal customers and external suppliers.
This role is a superb chance to help lead the transformation within Operational Finance and contribute to the wider Business Services journey.
This role will lead all operational finance service lines as part of the UK Business Services Leadership team; Procure to Pay ("P2P"), Order to Cash ("O2C"), Banking. This position is responsible for ensuring that financial processes are efficient and compliant, monitoring and reviewing all financial processes and driving change to deliver improvements, ensuring robust controls, processes and service levels are in place for key operational finance activities.
- Overall accountability for the delivery of Transactional Procurement services within the Purchase to Pay end to end business process to internal customers and external suppliers
- Overall accountability for the delivery of Accounts Payable services within the Purchase to Pay end to end business process to internal customers and external suppliers. Ensuring that suppliers are paid on time in accordance with contractual Ts&Cs and completion of legislative Duty to Report to Department of Business, Enterprise and Industrial Strategy
- Overall accountability in providing a comprehensive financial credit risk, security, cash collection and debt management service on behalf of the business
- Responsibility of overseeing the controls and their effective design and operation within the operational finance areas (P2P, Banking and O2C).
- Proactively seek opportunities to enhance operational efficiency through the implementation of best practice, drawing on external sources and internal references in order to drive increased value for the business.
- Responsible for managing the relationships with a number of major stakeholders, developing positive relationships, ensuring that service and process objectives are agreed and that performance managed effectively to a standard at which stakeholders are willing to promote the operational finance team and UK Business Services.
- Build, develop and lead a high performing and technically capable operational finance team, including the delivery from our 3rd party partners
- Support in the design and delivery of all major change programmes impacting Operational Finance
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and possess a track record of operational finance leadership, ideally within big company shared service environments.
An in-depth understanding and history of delivering process improvements and change programs, specifically relating to P2P (Purchase to Pay), is essential.
You will understand what good looks like, champion continuous improvement and be adept at communicating and delivering this within a complex organisation, requiring multiple cross-functional stakeholder management.
£70,000 - £85,000 salary plus car allowance, bonus and excellent benefits package
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Commercial Finance Analyst
£50000 - £60000 per annum
Newly Qualified Finance Business Partner
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Qualified Finance Business Partner - Capex/Opex
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Group Reporting Manager
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Car allowance, profit share, pension etc
Financial Reporting Accounting - SES Water, Redhill
£50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and other benefits