Head of Non-Current Asset Reporting
|Job Title:||Head of Non-Current Asset Reporting|
|Salary:||£47000 - £56524 per annum + Excellent Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Michael Swinburn|
|Job Published:||January 20, 2020 16:04|
Salary - £47,000 - £56,524 + £5,000 accountancy allowance (Dependant on qualification status) with offices in Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Nottingham, Swindon and Newport.
The Government Property Agency (GPA) was launched as an Executive Agency of the Cabinet Office in 2018. The GPA represents a step change in the way that Government property estate and assets are managed efficiently, by providing innovative and flexible solutions across the Government estate. Our core service is to support departments in business change and workforce transformation. The GPA is the place to be for UK's leading professionals in estates, commercial, project management and beyond.
The Government Property Agency is expected to grow exponentially over the first few years of its existence; this equates to transferring hundreds of assets (worth billions of pounds) onto its balance sheet from Government Departments, as well as gaining responsibility for the running of a large part of the central government office estate.
The Head of Non-Current Asset Reporting is responsible for designing and operating processes that enable GPA to understand the extent and value of its non-current assets at any point in time. This includes the practice of acquiring, using and disposing of assets in line with the Government Financial Reporting Manual and Consolidated Budgeting Guidance.
The responsibilities of the Head of Non-Current Asset Reporting will include
- Lead the accounting for GPA's non-current assets including maintaining the Non-Current Asset Register.
- Prepare non-current asset notes, accounting policies and disclosures for inclusion in the GPA financial statements.
- Act as the key contact for external and internal auditors of non-current assets and associated controls incorporating audit planning, managing fieldwork and resolution of audit issues.
- Prepare forecasts for depreciation and impairments to inform annual and medium-term planning.
- Provide technical advice to business areas and finance team members on accounting and budgeting of capital and non-current asset transactions.
- Drive continuous process efficiencies and improvements across the non-current assets function, delivering maximum value for the GPA and ensuring robust controls are in place.
- Seek out opportunities to lead/contribute to cross-government and cross-finance initiatives outside of own role.
- Build relationships with key staff across Finance and the business in order to maintain effectiveness.
- Play an active role as a member of the Financial Management and Control Senior Management Team, contributing expertise in the development of strategies, proposals and work implementations.
The post holder may be required to undertake additional responsibilities as expected in relation to the role and grade.
Key Skills & Experience
- CCAB, or equivalent, qualified (or with considerable financial/ commercial experience and/or the ability to gain formal CCAB qualifications within a reasonable time.)
- Good knowledge and experience of Non-Current Assets accounting including management of Non-Current Assets Register.
- Ability to develop productive relationships and effective networks with stakeholders across government organisations.
- Ability to contribute to the wider corporate leadership and culture of an organisation
- Experience of driving improvements in processes to increase efficiency.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyse and interpret significant amounts of financial data.
- Ability to work in a geographically dispersed team with occasional travel to the Birmingham office a requirement for the role.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Client Finance
£57,000 - 65,308 per year + £5,000 accountancy allowance
Head of Governance and Controls
£45753 - £51668 per annum
Interim Financial Reporting Manager
£525 - 600 per day
£42k - 45k per year
Client Finance Manager
£49,700 - 56,524 per year + £5,000 accountancy allowance