Head of Internal Audit - PE backed Housing Association
|Job Title:||Head of Internal Audit - PE backed Housing Association|
|Salary:||£75000 - £85000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Rebecca Scuffam|
|Job Published:||April 18, 2019 18:40|
Setting up an Internal Audit Function for a fast growing Housing Company
Our client is a Registered Provider operating across England which provides housing; enhancing traditional models while putting residents at the centre of their business.
They have successfully provided homes for over 100,000 families across the public and private sectors in previous ventures.
As a registered provider, they are regulated by the Regulator for Social Housing.
They are committed to the highest standards for our customers and local authority partners and work with some of the most experienced Registered Providers in England to manage their homes.
Our client is looking for an objective stand-alone Head of Internal Audit to add value and improve their operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the role of Head of Internal Audit is a great opportunity for an experienced Internal Auditor who is ready to take the next step in their career, or a recently appointed Head of Audit.
While this is a Head of role, the right candidate will need to be willing to get involved in both the development and delivery of the plan.
Main responsibilities include:
- Determining internal audit scope and developing annual plans including external resource.
- Performing the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations' effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Developing relationships with all stakeholders from the Board to operational staff.
- Obtaining, analysing and evaluating accounting documentation, reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit's results and document process.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement.
- Identify gaps and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings.
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee.
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum.
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management's interventions.
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector's rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- Proven working experience as an Internal Auditor or Head of Internal Audit.
- Gravitas and credibility to work with Board level stakeholders.
- Willing to get involved in both the development and delivery of the plan.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Sound independent judgement.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases.
- Housing industry experience essential.
- Exposure to a Regulated Provider essential.
- Stand-alone Head of Internal Audit role
- Broad role covering; internal audit, risk management, control, and governance.
- Great opportunity for an experienced Internal Auditor/Manager who is ready to take the next step in their career
- Opportunity for a recently appointed Head of Audit to utilise their skill set in setting up a function.
- Full or Part Time options available (pro rata salary)
- London Base
- Low to no travel
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
48000 - 56000
Finance Operations Manager
£50000 - £60000 per annum
£48k per year
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Part-Time Finance Director
Barking and Dagenham, London
£90000.00 - £110000.00 per annum + Pro Rata 3 days + bens