Brighton, East Sussex
Up to £74786 per annum + Civil Service Pension + Benefits
12 days ago
Our client is responsible for protecting UK workplace pensions & are looking for a Head of Internal Audit to build an internal audit function.
Our client is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement.
They have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional workforce.
Our client offers a great place to work and are doing all they can to support their people to reach their full potential.
Please apply to join their expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
- Through supportive and positive leadership, build and develop an internal audit function with the necessary resources, capabilities and expertise to deliver a solid annual internal audit opinion
- Produce well balanced plans for Internal Audit activity for the approval of the Audit and Risk Assurance Committee.
- Deliver formal reports to the Audit and Risk Assurance Committee and present findings at committee meetings.
- Using high quality reporting and communication skills, effectively and productively engage with senior management including Senior Leadership Team, Executive Committee, Board and Audit and Risk Assurance Committee.
- Deliver independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organisation's operations.
- Support our client in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
- Familiarity to the mandatory elements of the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field.
- Professional qualifications (IIA/CCAB, ACA/ACCA, CIA or equivalent)
- Proven, extensive audit expertise at a senior level
- Strong stakeholder engagement experience at very senior levels
- Knowledge and understanding of financial and operational risks and controls, ability to identify weaknesses therein and to develop practical and effective solutions.
- Experience developing a team, capabilities and embracing innovative approaches to effectively and efficiently deliver internal audit.
- Understanding and extensive experience applying Public Sector Internal Audit Standards
- Experience auditing in an environment of substantial change with respect to both the core operating model and IT systems
As well as a starting salary of £74,786, they offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton.
Our client provides an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping their people to meet their full potential.
Our client is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual's age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, gender and sexual orientation. They welcome applications from the BME and LGBT communities.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please apply along with a covering letter (max 750 words), quoting ref 1915 with details of how your experience and skills meet the essential criteria and details of your notice period.
Please be aware our client is currently holding interviews through Skype due to COVID-19.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email me directly. Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.