Head of Internal Audit (Apply to hear of roles when they arise)
|Job Title:||Head of Internal Audit (Apply to hear of roles when they arise)|
|Contact Name:||Rebecca Scuffam|
|Job Published:||June 22, 2020 11:02|
As lock down starts to ease, we are hearing of companies planning to ease hiring freezes.
This advert is to reach out to Heads of Internal Audit to ensure that when the market regains momentum we are ready to help you.
A quick note Michael Page:
Michael Page are a trusted recruitment company, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250, have been operating for over 40 years, have offices in over 36 countries, have a 4.9 star feefo rating and our CEO has been named one of the most highly rated in the world.
A quick note on me:
I have been with Michael Page since 2015 initially recruiting External Audit and Accounting roles and have recruited into Internal Audit since 2018. Sectors I recruit into include (but are not limited to): pharmaceutical, logistics, retail, e-commerce, technology, charities, housing associations, engineering, energy, government departments and others. I hold an LLB in Law from the University of Leeds and find Internal Audit and Risk fascinating. I'd like to help as many people as possible fulfil their potential, especially right now the world has changed so rapidly.
Financial Services & Regional roles:
Karen O'Neil, Justine Paech and Tim Barnett look after FCA regulated businesses for Internal Audit
Lucy Williams, Molly Griffin, Connor Matthews, and Ross Brown look after roles in The Midlands, Manchester, Bristol and Wales.
please do connect with them and reach out on LinkedIn.
The Head of Internal Audit role will vary from business to business but generally covers:
- Ensuring that the aims and accountability of the Internal Audit department are approved by the Board of Directors
- Managing internal audit activity, ensuring that the function if independent and objective
- Manage time scales and quality of engagements
- Design and management of the internal audit program designed to achieve compliance with standards and code of ethics issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Management of Internal Audit resources (co-source or in-house)
- Coordination of risk management activities in and preparation of the consolidated risk register
- Coordinates and facilitates the preparation of Audit Committee Reporting, ensure its timely submission
- Present Audit Committee Report to the relevant forums (including the Board)
- Escalating findings and carrying out investigations
- Providing training for senior leadership as to risk appetite and ownership
- Dependant on the company you may also be requires to co-ordinate SOX/J-SOX requirements and/or risk management.
Most Internal Audit Manager specifications require:
- line or co-source management experience
- a qualification (IIA, IRM, ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA or CFA) (The IIA is becoming increasingly popular in addition to the ACA)
- experience in designing internal audits plans
- experience of presenting audit findings to the board
As a result of the pandemic there may be an increased demand for additional skills in:
- business continuity planning
- risk management
- IT audit
- softer skills such as adaptability, communication, influencing, time management
- This is not an advert for a specific, live, job but instead a space to register your interest in Head of Internal Audit opportunities.
- I will respond as soon as possible, please bear with me at this time when we are operating on reduced staff.
- If you would like to follow up your application with a call/email/Linked-In message please do.
- It is likely that most roles will allow you to work from home 2-3 days per week in future from what I am hearing from businesses.
- At present it would seem that the public sector is the most stable yet there are other commerce based sectors which may also start to pick up.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Internal Audit - Government Non-Departmental Body
Brighton, East Sussex
Up to £74786 per annum + Civil Service Pension + Benefits
Head of Management Accounting
£60000.00 - £65000 per annum + Bens
Head of Treasury
City of London, London
£85000.00 - £100000.00 per annum
Head of Estimates and Funding
£400 - £500 per annum
Head of Finance Business Partnering
£57,034 - 67,970 per year + £4,000 accountancy allowance