Head of Internal Audit
|Job Title:||Head of Internal Audit|
|Salary:||£110000.00 - £120000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Mark Jordan|
|Job Published:||June 16, 2021 17:29|
Head of Internal Audit Job - c£120,000 DOE, M3 Corridor - Mortgages or Retail Banking experience required.
Your new company
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Head of Internal Audit to join this leading niche lending provider based along the M3 corridor.
Your new role
The Head of Internal Audit is responsible for leading and supporting the delivery of an effective Internal Audit function across the group. You will direct and oversee the continuous improvement of methodology and tools, oversight of specialist co-source, operation of effective quality assurance, developing and implementing risk-based internal audit plans and providing advice and guidance on controls and internal audit. Internal Audit is the "3rd line of defence". Its objective is to protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the company by providing independent assurance on the effectiveness of the control environment, identifying areas of weakness and processes which can be improved.
- Support the continued development of the strategy and vision for Internal Audit to ensure that the function is able to keep pace with a rapidly growing and evolving business.
- Develop Internal Audit's capability through strong leadership and coaching, supporting the training and development of the team as well as the wider leadership team, to meet the current and future needs of the business.
- Develop an appropriate 'audit universe', taking into account the scale and complexity of the business.
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues in the 1st line of defence and the 2nd line of defence to create an integrated assurance plan.
- Develop and regularly update the risk-based Internal Audit Plan, as a key component of the integrated assurance plan, for presentation to the Audit Committee.
- Review and challenge the planning and delivery of major change projects and programmes, operational changes or major capital expenditure.
- Lead risk-based audits of functions, processes and business areas, supervise input from internal and specialist resource, ensuring the quality and timeliness of audit planning, fieldwork, data analysis, audit work papers, and reporting.
- Coordinate with, and provide oversight of, other control and monitoring functions (e.g. risk management, compliance).
- Ensure a 'no surprises' culture with timely engagement on emerging audit findings and observations with the Board and Executive. Standards and Quality Assurance
- Implement strong standards and practice for the internal audit function in complying with the PRA/FCA's statements of principles and code of practice and the Chartered Institute Of Internal Auditors ("CIIA").
- To provide well researched reports and opinions on the overall system of governance, risk management, control and culture and of specific control processes.
- To identify gaps or weaknesses in controls or control processes and propose remedial action commensurate with the nature, complexity and risks in the business.
- To provide reporting to management and Board committees including ExCo, Board Audit Committee, Board Risk Committee and the Board. Business Understanding and Risk
- To be familiar with business strategy and goals and so form a view as to key risks, including emerging risks.
- Provide support to an effective integrated assurance framework including liaising with the Chief Risk Officer and Compliance on the integrated assurance plans and reports.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be an accomplished and qualified (CIIA, ACCA, ACA) Head of Internal Audit with a demonstrated history of delivering and developing a robust and commercial 'Audit Universe' within a mortgages or secured lending environment. Prior experience of developing a specialist Audit function and the implementation of robust regulatory frameworks and controls within a busy and growing specialist lender is highly desired. As is a proven ability to compile and submit department budgets, resourcing, costs, productivity and processes to meet overall business strategy and annual budgetary control processes of a business. As well as a strategic responsibilities, there will also be a 'hands on' requirement in this role and the ability to engage at all levels of the business is key to the success of this role.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary of up to c£120,000 based on experience. Plus, a range of attractive company benefits. #4001973.
You must be fully eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of application for this opportunity.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Internal Audit & Assurance - FTSE Commodities Business
£65000 - £68000 per annum + £6.2k Car, pension, healthcare, bonus etc
Senior Internal Auditor
Internal Auditor (Newly qualified)
30000 - 50000
Senior Internal Auditor
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + bonus + flexible working