£65k - 75k per year
10 days ago
Are you an experienced Head of Internal Audit? Want to work in a leading research organisation? Could you create and review a complex internal audit strategy? If yes, please read on!
Robertson Bell are pleased to be working with this brilliant public sector organisation whilst they recruit to a permanent Head of Internal Audit role. Following the current post holder retiring this exciting role will have the opportunity to shape the audit strategy and lead the organisation through the appraisal of risks. Duties will include:
- Lead on the internal audit strategy.
- Work closely with the audit committee, preparing papers for each quarterly meeting and ensure recommendations are implemented following audit completion.
- Attend finance committee meetings discussing value for money, risk management and yearly financial statements.
- Ensure the development and amendment of the audit plan throughout the year and ensure current circumstances and changes are taken into account.
- Oversee the maintenance of the rolling multi-year audit plan.
- Manage the Internal auditor, delegating work, offering training opportunities and development.
- Act as the main point of contact for the external auditors.
This role comes with highly generous employee benefits including a 23% employer pension contribution and over 30 days annual leave. The role will officially be based from the organisations head office in Bedfordshire however remote working will be offered on a highly flexible basis.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold an IIA accreditation.
- Have experience designing and developing audit plans and strategies.
- Be a confident staff manager.
- Have the ability to assess risks.
- Be a confident business partner and have the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be technically sound.
If you feel this post could be of interest to you then please do not delay in applying as this campaign has a quick turnaround.