Head of Internal Audit
|Job Title:||Head of Internal Audit|
|Location:||Brighton, East Sussex|
|Contact Name:||Nannett Colley|
|Job Published:||July 21, 2020 15:50|
Internal Audit job, Brighton, Low Travel, ACCA, ACA, CIA,
Your new company
Hays are partnering with a leading financial services provider to recruit a Head of Internal audit to join their Brighton offices on a permanent basis. This is a rare opportunity to join a highly respected company and lead your own team within a inclusive culture.
Your new role
You will take responsibility for all Audit Planning and manage the relationship with the current external provider during a handover period. Other responsibilities include:
- Build and develop an internal audit function with the necessary resources, capabilities and expertise to deliver a solid annual internal audit opinion.
- Produce well balanced Audit plans, deliver reports and present findings.
- Using high quality reporting and communication skills, effectively and productively engage with senior management including Senior Leadership Team, Executive Committee, Board and Audit and Risk Assurance Committee.
- Add value and improve operations by providing independent, objective assurance and consulting activity.
What you'll need to succeed
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- A degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field.
- Professional qualifications (IIA/CCAB, ACA/ACCA, CIA or equivalent).
- Proven, extensive audit expertise (5+ years) at a senior level.
- Familiarity to the mandatory elements of the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) of the Global Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- Knowledge and understanding of financial and operational risks and controls, be able to understand the risks and develop robust solutions.
- Experience developing a team, capabilities and embracing innovative approaches to effectively and efficiently deliver internal audit.
What you'll get in return
The successful candidate will receive a competitive market salary and a generous benefits package including:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Internal Audit Manager - Financial Services - London - £70k
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
Deputy Head of Finance (Interim)
£400.00 - £550.00 per day
£80000.00 - £92000.00 per annum
Financial Services Audit Assistant Manager (Happy to talk flexible working)
46000 - 49000
Financial Services Audit Manager (Happy to talk flexible working)
51000 - 61000