Head of Internal Audit
|Job Title:||Head of Internal Audit|
|Job Published:||August 30, 2019 10:26|
Government of Montserrat (GoM), Caribbean Island
2 Years FTC commencing November 2019
The Government of Montserrat (GoM) is seeking to recruit a Head of Internal Audit, within the Ministry of Finance and Economic Management. This is a challenging and rewarding post working for the Government of Montserrat (GoM). It offers the opportunity to take part in the further development of Internal Audit on Montserrat. The Internal Audit Section (IAS) within The Ministry of Finance is looking to strengthen the IAS we are seeking a dynamic person to lead its development so as to create an effective public sector internal team, carrying out internal audit across the public sector organisations and principally the Government of Montserrat.
CANDIDATES EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS PROFILE
Over a fixed term of 2 years the post holder will be responsible for developing the internal audit function. Given the importance of good governance GoM is seeking to reform internal audit with a view to the section driving improvements across GoM and ensure good governance is at the heart of the decision making of the organisation.
Therefore, GoM seeks to recruit an enthusiastic, experienced and dynamic leader to deliver its vision. The Adviser shall, among other things, strengthen and or establish the following:
- A training program for capacity building and development of all internal audit staff through on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring;
- Develop a review process or procedures for the internal audit unit to ensure the strategic plan produces the desired performance goals;
- Review the internal audit framework, develop and implement recommendations to improve the service; and
- Review the structure of the internal audit service and provide recommendations to the Financial Secretary as to suggested improvements
The Candidate must be able to demonstrate the qualifications, skills and experience summarised below:
- Educated to a relevant degree level;
- CCAB qualified (ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA, ICAS or Chartered Accountants) or a full chartered member of the Chartered Instituteof Internal Auditors (CMIIA);
- A minimum of five years’ experience leading an Internal Audit team at a senior level;
- Excellent knowledge of auditing standards, accounting principles, audit practices and methodologies to plan and co-ordinate audit projects (compliance, financial management, and special investigations);
- A proven track record in the development and enhance of an audit service; and
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills to prepare audit reports and communication with stakeholders.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The terms and conditions applicable for this appointment include:
- For a period of year (2) years; and
- The total remuneration package for the post is around EC$210,000.00 (taxable) per annum. In addition, a transport and shipping allowance, if required, would be paid.
Detailed Terms of Reference for the Head of Internal Audit can be obtained from the following link at http://www.gov.ms/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Re-Advertised-Head-of-Internal-Audit-TOR-28-8-19.pdf
HOW TO APPLY
Click apply and you will be able to obtain an application form when redirected to our website - (click on ‘Forms’). or by contacting the Human Resource Management Unit, Office of the Deputy Governor, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone at (+664) 491 2365/2444 or by fax (+664) 491 6234.
Completed application form along with certified copies of your qualifications, the names of at least two referees and your Curriculum Vitae supported by a covering letter must be returned to the Human Resources Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail. These should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resource Management Unit, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat by
Wednesday September 25th, 2019.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's