Head of Internal Audit
|Job Title:||Head of Internal Audit|
|Salary:||£135,000 plus benefits|
|Contact Name:||Jonathan Hulbert|
|Job Published:||August 06, 2019 12:11|
United Trust Bank is a fast growing diverse Specialist Bank. It continues to expand its offering to the UK market and now seeks a deeply experienced Head of Internal Audit to provide the financial governance and oversight to their business operations. The Bank has a fully developed second line of Risk, Compliance and Credit professionals. This role falls under the PRA/FCA's SM5 Control Function in relation to the Senior Managers Regime. You may already hold this status in your current role and be fully aware of the implications that are involved in holding an SMR role.
You will be responsible for providing an independent risk assessment of the Bank’s:
- Internal operational systems, controls and safeguards
- Internal audit process design and implementation
- Adherences to Board approved policies and procedures and then make recommendations when necessary to improve the control environment of the Bank
You will report to the Audit Committee and work with the executive committee on relevant matters. In addition you report to the CEO on daily operational matters.
You will be leading a competent, established and experienced team of 3 who possess maturity within the audit universe.
- University degree educated
- Post graduate qualification (MIAA, PIIA, ACCA, ACA, CIMA)
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of corporate governance within a banking, investment, or insurance environment
- Strong interpersonal skills - with the ability to challenge the business as well as develop strong mutually beneficial relationships with key managers
- Excellent organisational skills and a strong focus on detail, process, adherence to policy and with an investigative instinct
- People management skills with the ability to train, mentor and develop members of staff
- Detailed knowledge of UK regulation, reporting standards and financial accounting processes
- Ability to influence within a senior management team and the ability to convey confidence and gravitas would be an advantage