Head of Group Financial Accounting
|Job Title:||Head of Group Financial Accounting|
|Salary:||£70k - 80k per year|
|Contact Name:||Stuart Thomson|
|Job Published:||March 19, 2021 21:41|
Are you looking to take on a role with responsibility for the quality of the financial reports of a highly success Housing organisation? Will you next role be a senior Finance position, with a scope of influence reaching to the highest levels? Are you a technically gifted accountant who can manage transformation, change, and challenge the status quo?
An excellent opportunity for a Head of Group Financial Accounting has arisen in a large, successful, and growing Housing provider in Hampshire. Recent change in senior leadership has seen personnel joining the organisation from household name brand commercial organisations, and the strategy for growth has never been more clearly defined. This creates an exceptional opportunity for someone to:
- Lead the production of annual statutory accounts and have ownership of the financial reporting for a large organisation, being the key contact for auditors and having ownership of the year end process
- Maintain excellence in financial control, financial processes, and demonstrate that complex income streams can be managed effectively to deliver continued accuracy in financial statements
- Report to Board and deliver confidence in the financial position of the organisation
- Lead transformation and change strategies within finance, ensuring the chart of accounts is designed effectively to serve the business needs in a modern and changing environment
- Develop an ambitious team, creating succession plans and providing opportunities for staff to progress and excel in their careers.
This is a senior role with high expectations and should be seen as an excellent stepping stone into a Director level role. As an organisation that is proud of its response to the challenge of the pandemic, working patterns are now highly flexible and the focus has certainly shifted to delivery of achievable targets above all else. You can expect to work remotely a good percentage of the time and you will be able to manage your team autonomously, with the support of a Director with years of experience in delivering excellence in large teams.
To be considered, please meet these essential criteria:
- Be a fully qualified accountant with a strong understanding of the technical accounting requirements in the Housing sector
- Be a confident and inspirational team leader capable of effectively managing teams
- A first-class communicator who can strike confidence at the most senior levels.
Applications are under constant review. Please apply immediately if you meet the criteria as the post can be closed early if suitable candidates are found.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Group Accounting & Tax Manager
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Head of Finance
£58000.00 - £64000.00 per annum + generous pension
Head of Finance
Chichester, West Sussex
£50000 - £55000 per annum
Interim Head of Development Finance
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Head of Finance & Operations
50000 - 55000 depending on experience