Head of Group Finance
|Job Title:||Head of Group Finance|
|Location:||Newcastle upon Tyne|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Redhead|
|Job Published:||December 13, 2019 12:25|
Due to an internal promotion we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Head of Group Finance to join our Central Support team based in Gosforth. The Group Finance team delivers all of the external financial reporting for the business including statutory financial statements and the Group Tax team delivers direct and indirect tax compliance and optimisation.
Your key reposnibilities will include:
Responsible for the management of the Group Finance team including:
- Statutory reporting – IFRS plus PERG requirements and gradual move towards Plc compliant reporting (process, data integrity & internal controls).
- Maagement of the audit process.
- Bank and Rating Agency reporting and compliance with Senior Facilities Agreement including preparation of all interest payments and management of lender queries.
- Accounting for below EBITDA P&L and specific balance sheet areas.
- Management of shareholder debt and shareholder value calculations.
- Management of balance sheet reconciliation and review process, reporting on position and ensuring actions are addressed.
Responsible for the management of Group Tax including:
- Researching, designing and implementing tax efficiency projects with use of the Group’s various tax and legal advisors, including:
- Group structure and use of tax losses;
- Responsibility for indirect and direct tax returns being delivered on time and accurately. Part or all of this work may be delegated to advisors or parts of the Finance team.
- Reviewing the processes and transactions within the business that give rise to the above tax returns. Ensuring processes and reconciliations are robust and result in accurate tax reporting.
- Development, publication and review of regular performance measures with regards tax efficiency and compliance.
- Developing and delivering training to the business and working day to day with business leaders to improve tax efficiency and compliance.
- Driving improvements and processes in the business to improve tax compliance and efficiency.
- Board reporting on tax matters as appropriate.
- Management of key transactional processes - capex requests, disposals & invoices.
- Supporting Estates & Development Director with preparation and ongoing management of Annual Group Capital Plan.
- Ensuring all projects are managed within Board sanctioned budgets.
- Proactive leadership of the teams with the outcome of a culture of highly engaged and proactive staff delivery a high quality product.
- Maintain a high level of quality control within the team – timeliness of deliverables and high quality output.
The successful person will have the following:
- Qualified Accountant with a Bachelor’s degree and significant PQE in a finance leadership role
- Experienced manager running a sizeable team
- Highly diligent and commands strong internal controls
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in pressurised situations and deliver a quality product to agreed timescales
- Experience in engineering process and driving improvements in efficiencies and service levels
- Strong knowledge of IFRS, tax and other relevant laws and regulations
- IT literate and experience in working with IT teams to deliver systems projects
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Passionate about customer service
- ACA qualified with Big 4 training
- Leisure, hospitality or consumer goods experience
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Finance
£70000 - £80000 per annum
£40000 - £45000 per annum
£42000 - £47000 per annum
Solihull, West Midlands
ACA Audit & Accounts Manager / Potential Director