£51k - 55k per year
16 days ago
Looking to further your career in a newly formed role that you can mould into your own image? Want to be a part of the Senior Leadership Team of an organisation providing vital input at a board and executive level? Are you a governance or secretariat professional looking for that exciting and progressive role? Then look no further!
My client is a public sector organisation based in Surrey, with flexible working on offer, who is looking for a Head of Governance to join the team in a newly formed role filled with excellent development and progression opportunities.
The main responsibilities of the Head of Governance are as follows:
- Provide excellent company secretariat support, ensuring that all regulatory and statutory requirements are complied with.
- Work closely with the board and executive team for the organisation, presenting key reports to them and taking minutes for committee and board meetings.
- Lead on the implementation of both a new Code of Governance and a new Code of Conduct, ensuring that these are adhered to across the organisation.
- Act as the key figure in monitoring KPIs, health and safety requirements as well as coordinating all regulator reporting across the organisation.
As a part of the Senior Leadership Team for this organisation, this is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious governance and/or secretariat professional to really mould a newly formed role in their own image, creating a highly performing department with the potential to increase headcount within the team there. Furthermore, this organisation offers a fantastic work/life balance and gives the staff all the support they need to help them progress their careers.
The successful candidate for the Head of Governance role will have:
- Previous experience of working withing a governance and/or secretariat role.
- Experience of working within the not-for-profit or public sectors.
- Ideally an ICSA qualification, however, candidates without this and a significant level of experience are still encouraged to apply.
- The gravitas to lead meetings with executive level staff.
If you are interested in this position, please apply immediately as applications are reviewed daily and this role may be filled before the closing date.