Head of General Accounting
|Job Title:||Head of General Accounting|
|Salary:||Competitive plus bonus, flexible working & bens|
|Contact Name:||Mandy Baines|
|Job Published:||June 13, 2019 16:05|
Your new company
Leading international business with offices in Colchester, Essex are looking to recruit a qualified accountant and experienced finance leader to join the business as Head of General Accounting.
Your new role
Reporting into the Head of Accounting Services the Head of General Accounting will manage a team of 15 through 6 direct reports and take responsibility for the efficient and effective delivery of accounting services.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as finance lead and establishing and developing partnerships with clients and our sister companies
- Lead and develop the publishing General Accounting team of 6 direct reports and 9 indirect reports
- Preparation and presentation of annual budgets and forecasts
- Day to day delivery of client Management Account and Financial Account activities through strong foundations of Balance Sheet control
- Maintain a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including clients and advisors
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Owner of the end-to-end process for numbers which are booked into the UK Trial Balance (P&L and BS). This should ensure processes are understood, controlled, and optimised through working with key stakeholders
What you'll need to succeed
The Head of General Accounting will be a qualified accountant with strong technical knowledge and people management skills with experience of working in a large a fast moving organisation.
They will be a excellent communicator able to liaise at all levels, have good problem solving skills and proven experience of developing a finance function; people, processes, controls and reporting.
What you'll get in return
The Head of General Accounting will be offered a highly competitive base salary plus bonus and unrivalled opportunity for personal development and career progression. They offer flexible working and flexible benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Group Reporting
Stockport, Greater Manchester
£00068 - £90000.00 per annum + Bonus & LTIP
Head of Finance
£40 - £100000.00 per annum
Head of Finance
Financial Reporting Manager
Solihull, West Midlands
£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + plus benefits
£38000.00 - £43000.00 per annum