Manchester, Greater Manchester
£80000 - £100000 per annum + great bonus and benefits
19 days ago
This is a high-profile position requiring someone with advanced stakeholder management skills to lead Financial Control, Tax and Financial Reporting for the Group.
A well established financial services organisation that is continuing to grow.
* Leading the planning & preparation of all annual statutory accounts, including the Group's glossy annual report and accounts, plus approximately 30 other entities and quarterly interim reporting.
* Engagement with senior stakeholders around the group in relation to external financial reporting, liaising directly with:
- The Group CFO in explaining key areas of the Group's annual reporting,
- Executives and senior management in developing the 'front-end' reports for the group's glossy accounts
- Investor Relations to gain their input into messaging to investors
- Other senior members of the Finance management team
- Divisional CEOs
- Risk, marketing and operational areas
* The external auditors both in planning the audit and addressing issues
* Co-ordinating and drafting audit committee papers, co-ordinating with other teams as required, for onward submission to the Group CFO, Audit Committee and External Auditors on the key areas of judgement and key accounting policies used within the statutory accounts.
* Lead the relationship with the external auditors, managing the annual external audit, quarterly interim reviews and also managing the transition from our current auditors to new ones throughout the coming year.
* Leading the financial control team, including maintenance of appropriate finance and tax controls
Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA similar with a track record with a listed business or a financial services business, or experience in leading audit teams within similar business.
* Strong communication, collaboration and stakeholder management skills
* Highly organised and efficient with an ability to work under pressure and deliver to agreed deadlines
* Understanding of risk and control assessment and the design of appropriate controls
* Ability to develop individuals and a team into a high-performance team
* Strong focus on the quality of work with attention to detail
* Experience in the review, design, implementation and documentation of control frameworks
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products
An excellent benefits package and a great place to work.