Head of Financial Management
|Job Title:||Head of Financial Management|
|Salary:||£43000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + pension & free parking|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Wilson|
|Job Published:||July 05, 2019 11:48|
Your new company
The Civil Nuclear Constabulary is responsible for the armed police protection of licensed civil nuclear facilities in the UK and civil nuclear material in transit in the UK and internationally. They protect ten nuclear sites across the country and employ over 1,500 police officers and members of staff at nuclear sites throughout the UK.
Your new role
Leading the development and implementation of the CNC financial strategy alongside the Head of Financial Control, using sound judgement and contributing to the overarching CNC strategy
- Ensuring the business looks forward as effectively as looking back to facilitate both operational and strategic decision making to drive better performance, using facilitation and interpretive skills
- Support the process for gaining the agreement of CNC's annual budget with the SLC's and subsequent grant in aid needs with BEIS
- Leading the central co-ordination of budgeting, forecasting and financial planning for a 3-5 year period by compiling and consolidating the annual CNC budget, ensuring appropriate financial planning across all CNC functions.
- Report to the CNPA and internal Boards on budgets, forecasts, monthly/ annual performance predicated on timing of Board meetings
- Working with the financial business partners to help budget holders better understand and manage their finances and make the best business decision
- Work with the Shared service team to develop financial systems and processes to ensure a focus on providing more effective and relevant financial information with less manual input
- Reporting and challenging the cost of delivery of CNC's operations and the relationship this has with CNC providers and future funding requirements
- Responsible for cost modelling and financial scenario planning to ensure control and accountability for CNCs resources and influence decision making and future direction
- Working with the Finance Business Partners to challenge the economy and efficiency of CNC activities to identify potential cost savings and to maximise the value for money obtained from CNC resources
- Overseeing the development and monitoring of key financial performance indicators and disseminating appropriate financial information to functional heads for decision making
- Stakeholder management of senior CNC leaders, BEIS, Auditors and other relevant key stakeholders
- Ensuring that financial risk is identified and managed effectively.
- Ensuring financial management processes and financial regulations are adhered to, with clear audit trails and quality working papers to support the accounts.
- Responsibility of providing the Finance Business Partner service to the Business Directorate and provide cover when Finance Business Partners are on leave to other Directorates.
What you'll need to succeed
- Educated to degree level
- Qualified accountant, such as ACA /CIMA/CIPFA/ACCA
- Previous experience of leading teams in the private or public sectors
- Must be able to evidence in depth understanding, confidence and ease with all matters relating to finance management
- Able to interpret / analyse highly complex financial and statistical data, reason, evaluate, draw appropriate inferences to enable innovative problem solving and report and communicate with multiple senior stakeholders with tact and diplomacy
- Experience of delivering business and change projects
- Comfortable with change and working in an evolving environment
- Able to collaborate with other professionals
- Confident presenter, communicator and facilitator
- Collating, analysing and interpreting data and information to drive continuous improvement
- Generous annual leave - starting at 27.5 days per annum, rising to 32.5 after 10 years; plus eight bank holidays.
- Final salary pension scheme available to all employees. Employees in the scheme will contribute a percentage of their monthly pay based on their annual salary and the employer will contribute 19.3%. The final salary scheme is due to close following the passing of legislation, however, the date of closure is yet to be confirmed. After the closure a career average pension scheme will be available.
- Enhanced family friendly policies and sick pay.
- Additional unpaid minutes worked within the normal week to accrue additional annual leave of up to 3 days.
- Costa Coffee and employee canteen for all site workers at HQ Culham.
- Bonus scheme - police staff are normally eligible to a bonus payment depending on the organisations performance in any given financial year. Bonus payments are paid on an annual basis as a percentage of salary (maximum 7%).
- Flexi time working scheme.
- Free on site car parking.
- In-house Centre of Learning and Development.
- Free on-site gym facilities.
- Health and wellbeing, on site occupational health team, there is also an employee assistance programme which is available to all staff by telephone, giving support and counselling and advice on a wide range of subjects such as, financial, personal or work related matters and legal advice.
- Access to Physiotherapy.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Finance
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
Interim Head of Corporate Reporting
£350.00 - £450.00 per day
Up to £40000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Interim Management Accountant
Interim Financial Accounting Manager
£400.00 - £450.00 per day