Head of Financial Accounting
|Job Title:||Head of Financial Accounting|
|Salary:||£50k - 60k per year + the opportunity to balance remote working|
|Contact Name:||Stuart Thomson|
|Job Published:||March 05, 2021 20:47|
Are you looking for an opportunity to add value to an international organisation engaged in fascinating projects? Will your next finance role be one in a position of leadership with a wide scope of influence? Do you want to take responsibility for core finance processes that are vital to success and sustained growth?
My client is a not-for-profit organisation doing ground-breaking work both in the UK and internationally. With a rich history and multiple projects on the go at any one time, the organisation has a wide reach and vital impact.
The role of the Head of Financial Accounting is a crucial position in the finance team with significant responsibility and a scope of influence that will be felt by teams around the world. Duties include:
- Manage the day-to-day financial accounting function of the organisation, supporting overseas accounting teams to upskill by implementing processes and procedures that set those teams up for success, and set consistent standards across the global function
- Oversee a small team of transactional and financial accounting staff, supporting their desires to study and progress in their careers, and instilling a culture of high achievement in the finance team
- Lead on the production of the annual financial statements, as well as being the key contact for the external audit process, building strong working relationships to ensure accuracy and success
- Manage a successful and timely month end process across both the UK and the overseas offices
- Focus on internal controls, process improvements, and identify areas for improvement in the finance function such as optimising the use of finance systems.
This role is a rare opportunity to take on a role with a powerful global presence, partnering with overseas stakeholders and ensuring that the finance function adds maximum value. The work done by the organisation is under the spotlight at an international level, and as such, this position will allow the postholder to feel a sense of accomplishment that would be lacking in other roles on the market at this level.
While the office is in Cambridgeshire, there will be flexible working on offer post-pandemic, and the working strategy can be tailored to suit the preferences of the ideal candidate. It will be possible to balance remote working a high percentage of the time with the need to be a visible and present leader on site.
The ideal candidate will meet these criteria:
- Be a fully qualified accountant with proven experience in a leadership position where you have been responsible for the production of annual financial statements
- Have experience working with/supporting an overseas accounting function, with a proven capability of building successful working relationship while focusing on improving processes and procedures
- Ideally have experience in the not-for-profit sector, ideally within international organisations.
Applications are under constant review and the post can close early if the right candidate comes forward. Please apply straight away to be considered!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Interim Head of Global Accounting
Head of Finance
£58000.00 - £64000.00 per annum + generous pension
Head of Finance
Chichester, West Sussex
£50000 - £55000 per annum
Head of Finance -Technical Advice
Interim Head of Development Finance
Bradford, West Yorkshire