Head of Financial Accounting
|Job Title:||Head of Financial Accounting|
|Salary:||£72k - 78k per year|
|Contact Name:||Stuart Thomson|
|Job Published:||October 26, 2020 19:24|
Do you want to work for a brand that is a well-known name to millions of people in the UK? Are you an experienced Finance professional with a good reputation for leading high performing finance teams? Are you looking for your next challenging role in a high-profile organisation?
My client is a far-reaching organisation based in Hampshire with business avenues crossing various sectors, with a highly commercial approach and ethos. The Head of Financial Accounting has the following key responsibilities:
- Lead a high performing team of accountants in the specific areas of financial accounts, management accounts, and tax
- Ensure sound financial control and focus on ensuring accuracy in all financial information coming through the finance team
- Ensure that the organisation remains in line with all expected accounting practices and standards
- Focus on the accounting system and make enhancements to its use to allow for improved output to benefit the wider organisation, leading on systems improvements and ensuring that operating practices stay at the cutting edge
- Lead the monthly and yearly accounts closing process and be a key point of contact for auditors, as well as being a go-to contact in Finance for the wider organisation.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join an organisation with a rich history that has remained current, accessible, and recognisable throughout its lifespan. Technological advances are allowing them to continue to grow and provide a more diverse range of services, and as such, the Head of Financial Accounting vacancy comes at a fascinating time in their history.
The benefits package on offer is truly outstanding. While the workforce is currently operating remotely, when working in the office is allowed, you will have a state of the art workspace to work from, along with the opportunity to do a considerable amount of work from home once the pandemic is over.
To be considered, please meet the following criteria:
- Be a fully qualified accountant with significant post qualification experience leading high performing finance teams
- Have experience within a large business where commercial strategy and efficiency is key
- Be able to demonstrate experience of successfully leading improvements in finance systems.
Please apply now to be considered as this post is likely to close early when suitable candidates come forward.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's