Head of Finance (Workplace Services)
|Job Title:||Head of Finance (Workplace Services)|
|Salary:||£70,500 - 75,308 per year + up to £5,000 accountancy allowance|
|Contact Name:||Michael Swinburn|
|Job Published:||June 18, 2021 14:31|
£70,500 - £75,308 + accountancy allowance up to £5,000 (fully qualified) and this includes Additional Recruitment & Retention Allowance.
The Government Property Agency’s mission is to provide great places to work for civil servants. We are using our scale and commercial expertise to do this effectively, efficiently and sustainably, helping to support growth in all parts of the UK. We are growing rapidly through acquisition of Government properties from Departments. Turnover has risen from £0.4bn in 20/21 to £1.1bn in 21/22 and it will continue to grow as more properties are transferred and run by GPA. The postholder can be based at any of the GPA locations with Finance presence outside London. GPA has offices in Birmingham, Platform 21, Leeds, The Lateral; Manchester, Piccadilly Gate; Nottingham, Apex Court. Some business travel may be needed in due course when travel restrictions allow.
Creating a first class finance function at the heart of decision making is a key priority of our transformation programme. The finance team will provide robust financial reporting and control alongside outstanding commercial business finance advice.
This role will provide financial support to the Workplace Services Director and will be a key member of the Workplace Service leadership team. The role will manage the overall budget (income and expenditure) and will provide financial insight, support and challenge for the benefit of GPA’s clients. The Individual will drive business performance, maximise return on investment and enhance client satisfaction.
The responsibilities of the Head of Finance (Workplace Services) will include
- As part of the Workplace Services senior management team, contribute to the overall development of the division’s strategy to achieve its objectives and those of the wider GPA
- Support and challenge the senior management team in adopting private sector best practice and identifying opportunities for improved return on investment.
- Develop financial plans and forecasts, and manage income and expenditure budgets maximising income generation and optimising expenditure.
- Report monthly on financial performance providing the division with timely, insightful, and actionable financial information.
- Monitor opportunities and risks, and develop processes and controls which help the senior management team to run the division effectively
- Develop the financial contribution to business cases and pre-request for proposal ‘should cost’ models to inform investment approvals and proposal evaluation.
- Support the director in ensuring that agreed processes and procedures are followed especially cost control, and provision of timely and accurate client financial information.
- Provide leadership, energy and direction for the finance function within workplace services and across the division.
- Mentor, motivate and manage the finance team [and supporting financial service providers] so that it provides a dependable and accurate service to the division, clients, the wider business, suppliers and subcontractors.
Key Skills & Experience
- Recognised professional accounting qualification e.g., CCAB/CIMA accountancy qualification.
- Proven experience over at least 5 years’ experience managing property/facilities management issues
- Excellent financial modelling skills
- Knowledge of public sector accounting (desirable)
- A commercially astute finance professional - capable of supporting supplier negotiations
- A strategic mindset - able to envisage future possibilities
- Strong leadership skills to lead a team of mixed experience and varying locations to deliver essential support to the GPA Directors
- Excellent communication, networking and negotiation skills
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment, planning, collaborating and delivering through others
- Down to earth, proactive and pragmatic
For more information, please apply using the link, or contact Michael Swinburn or Jack White at our retained search agent, Robertson Bell.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's