Head of Finance Systems & Business Improvement
|Job Title:||Head of Finance Systems & Business Improvement|
|Salary:||£60,500 - 65,308 per year + up to £5,000 accountancy allowance|
|Contact Name:||Michael Swinburn|
|Job Published:||September 17, 2021 11:55|
The Government Property Agency’s mission is to provide great places to work for civil servants. We are using our scale and commercial expertise to do this effectively, efficiently and sustainably, helping to support growth in all parts of the UK. We are growing rapidly through acquisition of Government properties from Departments. Turnover has risen from £0.4bn in 20/21 to £1.1bn in 21/22 and it will continue to grow as more properties are transferred and run by GPA. The postholder can be based at any of the GPA locations with Finance presence outside London. GPA has offices in Birmingham, 23 Stephenson Street, Leeds, The Lateral; Manchester, Piccadilly Gate; Nottingham, Apex Court: Newport, Wales.
An opportunity has arisen in a fast growing and relatively new Government Agency. GPA wants to improve its Financial Management Processes ready for its growth. We are looking for a qualified accountant with experience in financial systems and business improvement. Expected to be self-motivated to grip problems, find solutions, improve financial management and deliver at pace.
This is an exciting new challenge to develop a small team and to deliver through others and make a real difference in improving financial systems, our financial management and the efficiency of our finance team. We are developing a highly capable and professional team so want the post holder to lead in managing the rapid growth, developing effective systems and processes and making business improvements.
The responsibilities will include:
- Strategic level financial support to the GPA Chief Financial Officer, Chief Technology Officer and Deputy Director of Finance.
- Lead on the introduction of new Finance IT systems and functionality that supports new operating models for Finance services.
- Lead on the design, development and delivery of the new ways of working that will be introduced across Finance from 2021.
- Management of the delivery of improved ways of working across finance sub teams.
- Take the lead on ad hoc projects which do not fit into normal business. Lead in the introduction of SOP2Saas.
- Take ownership of key finance systems Hyperion and MRI Horizon responsibilities include:
- Full responsibility for ensuring the current finance system is maintained and any bugs or faults are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Provide support to users of the main financial system, resolving any issues they may have.
- Lead on the planned implementation of a new financial system, ensuring that any issues discovered during the project are identified and dealt with effectively and efficiently.
- Effectively manage a small team of junior finance systems staff, helping to develop them and ensuring that the team performs to the highest of standards
- Improve financial management by managing change and seeking out opportunities to lead/contribute to GPA and other cross-government initiatives outside of own role.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Finance (CCAB or equivalent) Qualification
- Experience in managing finance systems
- Strong knowledge and proven track record in financial management in a complex environment
- Good understanding of public sector financial management, specifically Central Government
- Experience in property and/ or project management (desirable)
- Ability to drive improvements in processes to increase efficiency.
- Ability to develop productive relationships and effective networks with stakeholders across government organisations
To apply for this opportunity, you will be required to produce a supporting statement against the four GPA core values, answering specific role focussed questions. For more information, please apply using the link, or contact Michael Swinburn or Jack White at our retained search agent, Robertson Bell.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Finance Business Partner
Birmingham, West Midlands
£300.00 - £325.00 per day
Finance Business Partner
Head of Corporate Reporting and Payroll
£56000 - £60000 per annum
£45000 - £50000 per annum
£37,300 - £40,248 per year up to £5,000 accountancy allowance