Our client is a well established, profitable manufacturer based in Derbyshire - the business has a strong order book, has been unaffected by the pandemic and is targeting multiple acquisitions over the coming years.
Head of Finance - Commercial
|Job Title:||Head of Finance - Commercial|
|Salary:||£50000 - £60000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Michael McGlaughlin|
|Job Published:||May 10, 2021 16:17|
Exciting opportunity to join a fantastic business in a newly created role as Head of Finance offering commercial, business partnering insight to the finance function.
Responsibilites include prioviding financial analysis and support across the business with particular focus on Manufacturing and Sales with a view to improving the profitability of the business.
The priority will be to support business growth, both organic and via acquisition, through effective commercial business partnering to the senior leadership team, supporting with current and future contracts / bids and generally providing insight and commentary on the numbers:
- To provide insightful input into the company's strategic plan and budget; and provide the management team with insights and recommendations in relation to the financial numbers and variances.
- To prepare regular financial performance reporting and provide the PW Defence management team with analyses of variances and commercial insights on the significance of the financial numbers.
- Synergy reporting - work with the business to identify, validate and report synergy savings.
- Development of local Operational KPI's with on-going reporting and analysis.
- Overseeing tax issues and ensuring compliance.
- Work with the business to review, monitor and improve accuracy of forecasts and budgets. Provide financial insight to forecasts and budget achievement for both profit and cash.
- Identify and drive efficiencies in Working Capital levels, maximising operational cash conversion across the businesses.
- Help develop and improve the company's sales and operations process and provide analysis of key impacts.
- Provide finance and business support input to tendering and contract negotiation activities, as required.
- Liaise with a range of external stakeholders, such as, customers and suppliers on financial related matters.
- Ensure process standard cost v BOMs.
- Lead training of non-finance staff to understand the financials.
- Assist the UK management teams in implementing cost & profit improvement initiatives.
- Prepare business cases and provide financial support for new product introduction.
- Any other projects, as required, by the Group CFO or CEO.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a track record within the manufacturing sector.
You will be able to demonstrate achievements as a finance business partner, where you have made a commercial impact on business performance and worked effectively as part of a senior leadership team.
Excellent communication skills and team management experience are also highly desirable.
C.£50-£60k basic salary
Generous holiday entitlement
Benefits package including pension contribution and death in service
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Finance
Commercial Finance Manager
£60000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus, Benefits
Head of FP&A
Coventry, West Midlands
Head of Financial Reporting
£70000 - £80000 per annum + Car, Bonus, PMI, Pension, 25 day holiday
Head of Finance/Finance Manager
Doncaster, South Yorkshire
£40000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + various benefits