Head of Finance Business Partnering
|Job Title:||Head of Finance Business Partnering|
|Salary:||£57,034 - 67,970 per year + £4,000 accountancy allowance|
|Contact Name:||Stuart Thomson|
|Job Published:||July 31, 2020 11:33|
Head of Finance Business Partnering (AU)
£57,034 - £67,970 + £4,000 Accountancy Allowance
Two year fixed term contract
The Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) is at the heart of the government’s economic and social agendas. A quarter of UK businesses are in our sectors and are among the most exciting and fastest growing of the whole economy. They provide 5.2 million jobs and deliver £38bn worth of exports. Our mission is to drive growth, enrich lives and promote Britain to the world.
Working in conjunction with our over 40 Arm’s Length Bodies we strive to create the conditions for everyone to enjoy our national culture, play sport, make the most of new technologies and have access to effective communications. Our sectors are critical to ensuring we have a strong place in the world - creating a global UK whose cultural, technological, creative, community and sporting assets mark us out as an essential partner for trade and investment. And making places that people want to live in, work in, invest in and visit.
This role will lead a team that supports one of the three Director Generals (DGs) and their teams to effectively discharge their financial accountabilities. This includes supporting directors’ responsibilities for effective financial oversight of the arm’s-length bodies sponsored by each DG group.
You will work closely with the Deputy Finance Director and other A(U) Heads of Finance to lead and develop the finance business partnering team - fulfilling the team’s vision to support strategic decision making and policy development by being insightful, trusted and professional.
You will be responsible for the provision of a valued, efficient and effective finance business partnering function across your areas.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Lead and engender a culture of continuous improvement and personally demonstrate DCMS’s values. Lead, manage, develop and support a high-quality team of individuals to achieve these aims.
- Provide high-quality finance advice and guidance on all financial matters as necessary, from accounting to budgeting, auditing and the government’s Estimates processes.
- Act as a senior finance business partner to your areas of responsibility ensuring that senior stakeholders have the right support to make good policy decisions in line Managing Public Money and other government finance rules.
- Provide strategic and tactical advice on all finance matters to Ministers, the Permanent Secretary, Executive Board and Departmental Audit & Risk Committee.
- Lead the team in scrutinising, challenging and guiding budget holders ALBs in the provision of timely and accurate forecasts against budgets, re-forecasting exercises, end-of-year reporting exercises, main and supplementary estimates and other fiscal events.
- Lead the team on scrutiny, challenge and the provision of financial advice on business cases, policy announcements including attendance at Finance Committee, Investment Sub-Committee in the capacity of the expert finance business partner.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Be strong leader with a solid history of delivery; be able to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally; and be able to routinely communicate complex financial, accounting and budgetary issues
- Be a fully qualified accountant with excellent interpersonal skills, along with excellent literacy and numeracy and a collaborate, solutions-oriented approach.
- Working knowledge of Managing Public Money and central government accounting and budgeting rules (desirable)
- Intermediate or higher Excel skills (desirable).
For more information or an informal discussion, please apply via the link, or contact Michael Swinburn or Stuart Thomson at our retained search agent, Robertson Bell. The closing date for applications is Sunday 16th August at 11:55pm.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Client Finance
£57,000 - 65,308 per year + £5,000 accountancy allowance
Head of Governance and Controls
£45753 - £51668 per annum
Finance Business Partner
£40000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits
Finance Business Partner
£49,700 - 56,524 per year + £5,000 accountancy allowance
Interim Programme Finance Manager
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£45000 - £53000 per annum