Head of Finance & Operations
|Job Title:||Head of Finance & Operations|
|Salary:||£60000 - £67000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Katie Wilson-Smith|
|Job Published:||April 17, 2020 17:17|
mothers2mothers is partnering exclusively with Robertson Bell to recruit a Head of Finance & Operations, Europe on a permanent, full time basis. mothers2mothers is an inspiring international charity that unlocks the power of women to eliminate childhood AIDS and create healthy families.
This Head of Finance & Operations is a unique and exciting opportunity which will have direct involvement in the crucial strategic planning for the organisation whilst leading on all financial aspects including budgeting, business partnering, reforecasting, cashflow analysis and full oversight of finance systems and processes. Other areas of responsibility include HR, Legal and acting as the Company Secretary and Governance Manager.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Provide strategic input into the development of future strategic plans for resource mobilisation in Europe.
- Support the Global Development & Strategic Engagement Director with regards to reviewing financial information, creating metrics and commenting on appropriate trends etc. globally where relevant.
- Preparation and presentation of UK Financial Reports for SMT and UK Trustees with support from the Director of Finance
- Monitor and update risk assessment register in conjunction with management and Trustees.
- Review budgets for proposals to donors and funders for all grants to be made to m2m UK to ensure full cost recovery.
- Oversee the submission of statutory reporting requirements to ensure that m2m complies with all Charity Commission, HMRC and Companies House legislation.
- Provide a point of liaison as necessary between the external auditors, UK Finance Manager and UK Trustees.
- Review restricted grant reports and raise queries thereon.
- Regular communication with Finance Director of m2m SA and wider finance team in SA with respect to UK specific finance issues and wider m2m finance discussions.
- Responsible for ensuring the Charity is following appropriate UK tax and accounting legislation.
- Review key financial reports, including monthly management accounts, income and cost analyses and cashflow analyses as prepared by the UK Finance Manager.
- Review appropriate legal and other contracts with the Charity in conjunction with the wider Grants & Compliance function.
- Manage, supervise and oversee the UK Finance Manager and Salesforce Specialist.
- Oversee the HR function from a European perspective.
m2m has created jobs for over 11,000 women living with HIV in sub-Saharan Africa since its creation in 2001 and have managed to reach over 11M women and children under two. In 2018 alone, m2m helped to almost end mother-to-child transmission of HIV among its clients for the fifth year in a row and saw 30,775 children and caregivers benefit from its integrated Early Childhood Development services across Eswatini, Kenya, Malawi and South Africa.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA, or equivalent).
- Have experience of managing financial systems, including setting and managing budgets, management accounts and cash flow, etc.
- Be resilient, adaptable and will have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Have the experience of the long-term financial and business planning, strategic planning and development of an organisation.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate staff.
- Have a first-class ability to prepare year-end accounts and annual budgets.
Please note m2m is willing to offer this role as a development opportunity therefore previous experience in the charity sector is not essential nor is experience managing wider corporate services.
This opportunity will be based at their UK offices near Highbury and Islington.
The closing date for applications is 10th May with first stage interviews taking place on the 18th May. Applications will be under constant review before the closing date so please submit your application to our retained search agent Robertson Bell. Apply now to be considered!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Project Finance
£50k - 55k per year
Head of Finance & Compliance
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
Head of Finance Business Partnering
£60000 - £67000 per annum
Interim Director of Finance and Resources - 3 or 4 days
£65k - 70k per year
£50000 - £60000 per annum