Head of Finance & Compliance
|Job Title:||Head of Finance & Compliance|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Katie Wilson-Smith|
|Job Published:||May 15, 2020 15:19|
Sentebale is partnering exclusively with Robertson Bell to recruit a Head of Finance and Compliance on a permanent, full time basis. Sentebale was founded in 2006 by The Duke of Sussex from the British Royal family and Prince Seeiso from the Lesotho Royal family. This brilliant and inspiring charity works with vulnerable children and young people from Lesotho and Botswana.
The Head of Finance and Compliance will be responsible for global oversight of finance and compliance functions in London, Lesotho and Botswana, including day to day finance, financial reporting to senior management and the UK Board, financial governance and risk management.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Contribute to the charity's strategy and policy development (working closely with other members of the finance team, the CEO, Lesotho and Botswana office and the Board of Trustees).
- Ensure regular reports are submitted from the Lesotho and Botswana office, including all relevant management information and donor reports Assess suitability and effectiveness of financial controls and oversee a programme of continuous improvement.
- Support programmes, fundraising and finance staff in Lesotho, Botswana and London to create accurate and equitable donor budgets.
- Work with the COO to design and implement an internal audit function which is appropriate to the organisation and establishes a culture of minimum standards and continuous improvement.
- Draft detailed annual budgets and consolidated cash flow statements for review by the COO.
- Consolidate financials from Lesotho, Botswana and US, reporting to the COO.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and cash flow forecasts
- Draft statutory financial statements, annual returns and liaise with auditors (UK, US, Lesotho, Botswana).
- Monitor and implement general statutory requirements (e.g. risk assessments, reserves policies etc).
- Maintain all tax registrations and submissions.
- Work with the Finance leads in Lesotho and Botswana to ensure that financial processes are followed and accurate monthly reports are received.
- Maintain up-to-date records of legal compliance in Lesotho, Botswana and UK.
The Sentebale London team is hosted in the offices of The & Partnership in the Fitzrovia District. It is a small, friendly team committed to flexible and family friendly working - all staff contribute to the overall goals of the charity and support each other as best they can. The Head of Finance and Compliance needs to be willing to work across a wide range of tasks. They will work in a dynamic environment to enable the charity to achieve its wide-ranging goals.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA, or equivalent).
- Have experience of managing financial systems, including setting and managing budgets, management accounts and cash flow, etc.
- Have charity experience (ideally within international development) preferred.
- Have a strong knowledge of statutory and regulatory environment for UK charities.
- Have strong analysis and report-writing skills
- Have the experience of the long-term financial and business planning, strategic planning and development of an organisation.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate staff.
- Have a first-class ability to prepare year-end accounts and annual budgets.
The closing date for applications is 14th June with first stage interviews taking place on the 23rd June . Applications will be under constant review before the closing date so please submit your application to our exclusive search agent Robertson Bell. Apply now to be considered!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Finance
£36,720 - 44,880 per year
Head of Finance and Operations
£55k - 60k per year
Head of Finance - Fast Growing London Charity
£58000 - £60000 per annum
Director of Finance and Resources
£55k - 60k per year
£25000.00 - £29000.00 per annum + negotiable