Head of Finance & Accounts
|Job Title:||Head of Finance & Accounts|
|Location:||Stockton-on-Tees, County Durham|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Mark Houghton|
|Job Published:||May 07, 2020 14:17|
This is a brand new exceptional opportunity for a Qualified Accountant with Group experience to partner with the Managing Director to have a direct impact on the direction of the company
This family owned company is a local success story that has grown exponentially in recent years and will continue to grow under the guidance of this newly created Head of Finance & Accounts position.
The Head of Finance will be responsible for Management and Organisation of the Finance Team, you will be directly responsible for Multiple business's accounts. As a member of the senior Management team working alongside the Group Managing Director you will influence strategic decisions making financial sense of new opportunities and suggesting new ideas.
The Current Financial Reporting process's and systems need some development through continual improvement of reporting output for each department, we are looking for an energetic, experienced professional who can lead the team and drive change through the implementation of an environment of continual improvement, to increase efficiency whilst maintaining/increasing effectiveness.
- Production of timely and accurate monthly management accounts
- Overseeing & Auditing Reconciliation of all bank and cash accounts
- Improve and develop Financial Process's
- Dealing with the Finance Houses and Banking teams
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Directors and senior leadership team and other departmental Managers, to ensure improved awareness of strategic planning, forecasts, KPIs and activities that will in turn allow recommendations on future business decision making and proactive planning.
- Preparation of the budget, quarterly forecasts and medium-term strategy in compliance with internal guidelines and timescale, and external market forces
- Ownership and deliver of robust forecasting reports to the Directors and senior management, with commentary/advise elements.
- Explain complex financial information clearly and accurately to non-finance managers in order to drive financial KPI's and compliance across the business.
- Support the management in controlling and managing the costs within budget thereby ensuring optimum financial performance.
- Support the maintenance of the UK Group's reporting systems
- Act as the finance lead, and add value to all business review meetings, making sure the financial performance is understood.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) and possess extensive experience within a Sales / and Service based environment. Experience of operating within a Group structure is important. Knowledge of Xero Accounts system preferred but not essential as can be trained.
Candidates should have excellent attention to detail and be pro-active in taking on tasks using their own initiative, a high level of integrity and discretion is essential.
£40,000.00 to £50,000.00 per year plus competitive package
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Finance
Project Finance Manager
£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
Commercial Finance Manager
£70000.00 - £90000.00 per annum
Finance Manager (Construction)
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + bonus