Head of Finance
|Job Title:||Head of Finance|
|Salary:||£50k - 55k per year|
|Contact Name:||Kathryn Moss|
|Job Published:||June 25, 2021 09:12|
Unlocked Graduates is partnering exclusively with Robertson Bell to recruit to a Head of Finance on a permanent, full-time basis. Unlocked Graduates is an award-winning charity which exists to break cycles of re-offending by developing outstanding individuals to lead rehabilitation in prisons and throughout society.
This Head of Finance is a high-impact role in our 40-person organisation. It is part of our extended Senior Leadership Team and is crucial to our success as an organisation. The Head of Finance communicates across teams, works with the board, and has high levels of responsibility. Accountabilities include accounting, statutory reporting, financial planning, cash management and payroll also sit within their remit.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Manage all financial accounting functions including accounts payable and receivable, VAT, gift aid, expenses, fixed assets, balance sheet reconciliations and cash
- Working with the Directors to produce annual, multi-year, departmental and project budgets and forecasts, and produce reports for the trustees and budget managers to manage and monitor performance
- Develop and implement the financial strategy and reporting for the organisation with support from the CEO and COO
- Develop, implement and enforce Unlocked Graduate’s financial procedures and controls, continually looking to improve efficiency, functionality and control
- Design, implement, and manage financial reporting processes including: management and statutory accounting, and reporting to the charity’s funders
- Manage key day to day finance relationships with HMRC, suppliers, customers, the auditors, and the charity’s bankers
- Manage the statutory reporting to Charity Commission, Companies House, and HMRC
- As the finance expert within the organisation, train staff in finance and processes
- Manage outsourced payroll provider ensuring that all payroll matters are processed accurately and timely
- Lead the design and implementation of cash flow management systems and regular treasury reporting to the executive team
At the core of our mission is a leadership development programme that brings top graduates into prisons to work as frontline prison officers for two years. This programme includes mentoring, work placements in partner organisations and a fully-funded master’s degree, while taking on the full duties of a frontline prison officer.
The organisation grew out of a recommendation in the Coates’ Review of prison education. Participants are selected through a rigorous and competitive recruitment process which is raising the profile of the prison officer role. Last year the graduate scheme was ranked 36th in the Times Top 100 Graduate Employers list.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, CIPFA or ACCA)
- Have an understanding of charitable accounting and reporting requirements
- Have at least 1-year post-qualified experience
- Have some in-house experience (please note this is preferred not essential)
- Be mission-motivated and driven by the capacity for finance to enable transformational work towards our vision
- Be solutions-focused and keen to take on new challenges
- Be a confident and clear communicator across teams and all levels
This position will be based officially at the head office in Euston however highly flexible working will be on offer. The closing date for applications is 27th July with first stage interviews taking place the week commencing 2nd August. Applications will be under constant review before the closing date so please submit your application to our exclusive search agent Robertson Bell. Apply now to be considered!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Finance
£58000.00 - £64000.00 per annum + generous pension
Head of Finance
Chichester, West Sussex
£50000 - £55000 per annum
Head of Finance -Technical Advice
Interim Head of Development Finance
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Head of Finance & Operations
50000 - 55000 depending on experience