£36,720 - 44,880 per year
22 days ago
Doctors of the World (DOTW) is partnering exclusively with Robertson Bell to recruit to a Head of Finance role on a permanent, part-time basis. DOTW is part of the global Médecins du Monde (MdM) network, which delivers over 300 projects in more than 70 countries through 3,000 volunteers. With a head office based in Canary Wharf, this dynamic charity is now seeking a new Head of Finance to join their team in this key role.
DOTW’s vision is of a world in which people affected by war, natural disasters, disease, hunger, poverty, or exclusion get the healthcare they need. This Head of Finance will play a pivotal role in the organisation, driving the financial strategy and managing the finance and administration staff.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Act as the lead of the Finance Team and lead finance and administration staff
and volunteers in their work, to ensure that services provided across the organisation meet the expectations of SMT and external stakeholders.
- Lead the production of accurate monthly management accounts, and supporting schedules.
- Prepare and present financial information to MdM France and the MdM International Network on a quarterly basis.
- Be an active participant in senior management team meetings, presenting financial results and, raising relevant finance matters that require attention.
- Regularly meet with the Treasurer in order to prepare and present financial information
to the Board of Trustees on a regular basis.
- Ensure that all field accounting for International programmes through UK donors is compliant with both internal and donor requirements.
- Act as a business partner for the operations teams, assisting them with budget and grant application builds, and track actuals to budget.
- Prepare annual budgets and re-forecasts including cashflow.
- Review and agree programme budgets with Directors.
- Project manage the annual external audit, including the review of the year-end accounts pack and supporting schedules prepared by the Finance Lead.
- Ensure adequate information is available to prepare the annual financial statements and any other required financial information in accordance with agreed timetables.
- Ensure compliance with the relevant accounting standards and legal requirements.
- Obtain, check and manage information flow to payroll provider to prepare payroll in compliance organisations policies and controls.
- Ensure Gift Aid recovery is submitted to HMRC on a timely basis.
DOTW’s UK programme provides direct services and leads policy and advocacy work to help people across the UK who are excluded from health services, such as migrants, refugees, sex workers and people with no fixed address access, to access essential healthcare. Our services are run by volunteer doctors, nurses, midwives, and support workers who provide basic short-term healthcare and help to get people registered with their local GP.
We believe that every person living in the UK has the right to healthcare, and we work to influence public policy and local implementation to reduce health inequalities and ensure access to healthcare for all.
The successful candidate will:
- Have accounting experience at a senior level in an international or UK non-governmental organisation.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- How to manage competing deadlines and tasks effectively.
- Experience of managing and developing small teams.
- Ability to provide meaningful and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others.
- Preparing financial management information for inclusion in reports to donors / Boards is desirable.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 20th June with first stage interviews taking place the week commencing 28th June. Applications will be under constant review before the closing date so please submit your application to our exclusive search agent Robertson Bell. Apply now to be considered!