Head of Finance
|Job Title:||Head of Finance|
|Salary:||£40k - 45k per year|
|Contact Name:||Kathryn Moss|
|Job Published:||May 19, 2021 14:37|
Are you an experienced Head of Finance or Financial Controller looking for a new challenge? Could you provide clear direction to a small team and run an organisation’s day-to-day finances? Keen to secure a role that reports into a high-performing and inspiring line manager?
If yes, look no further!
My client is a Northampton based public sector organisation who are currently seeking a Head of Finance to join their dynamic team. Reporting into the Finance Director, this role will provide support and guidance to a small team of finance professionals and manage all daily aspects of the organisation’s finances.
The key duties of this Head of Finance role are as follows:
- Full responsibility for managing the day-to-day aspects of the finance department, ensuring all financial activities are being conducted accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Overseeing a finance team of four, being an inspiring leader and giving them opportunities to grow and develop professionally.
- Take the lead on developing cashflow forecasts and providing analysis on the month-end accounts.
- Lead the year-end processed, liaising with the external auditors and acting as the key contact for any queries.
- Provide invaluable support in the production of the statutory accounts.
- Act as the point of escalation for any outstanding debt and suggesting improvements for tightening controls as required.
- Work closely with the Finance Business Partner and Department Heads in the production of the annual budget.
- Deputise for the Finance Director as necessary.
This newly created Head of Finance role offers the perfect opportunity for an ambitious and proactive individual who is looking to shape their finance career, develop their line management skills and put their own stamp on the role. Please note that this will be an office-based role, so applicants must live within a commutable distance from their offices in Northampton.
The successful candidate will have:
- Achieved a full CCAB qualification.
- Experience managing a small team.
- Ideally, previous experience working in the education sector. However, candidates without this are still strongly encouraged to apply.
- Previous experience in both month and year-end accounts preparation and cashflow forecasting.
- Strong communication skills.
If interested, please do not delay in applying as applications are being reviewing daily and my client is looking to schedule interviews ASAP.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Interim Head of Finance
Up to £61832 per annum + Civil Service Pension & Holiday
Interim Section 151 Officer/Executive Head of Finance
£800 - £900 per day
£45k - 50k per year
£42000.00 - £46000.00 per annum + LGPS, Flexible working
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum