Leeds, West Yorkshire
19 days ago
Reporting to our Directors, the successful candidate will have responsibility of the overall financial health of the group. You will be both challenging and supportive and have the interpersonal skills to build professional relationships across the business. This role is a Head of Finance opportunity with a view to become a Director amongst our recently created board/senior leadership team.
Our client are a leading organisation within the healthcare sector. They have shown considerable growth, and are seeking an ambitious Head of Finance who will join the Senior Management Team and help support continued growth and improvements across the business.
- Working alongside the board, co-create the company business plan and establish and maintain the financial strategy for the business to achieve long term profitable growth.
- Drive organisational change initiatives to ensure the business is structured appropriately to achieve sustainable growth.
- Proactively challenge the wider board on strategic and operational issues to ensure a joined up and collaborative approach to business planning and decision making.
- Lead on scenario planning and business modelling to provide comprehensive insight into future revenue streams and initiatives.
- Own the development of company systems, processes and controls to ensure management information is provided accurately and timely, overseeing all analysis and commentary.
- Agree and monitor business wide KPIs to ensure continued improvement in delivery and progress against the strategic plan.
- Review and approve all annual budgets/forecasts and ensure appropriate measures are in place to track performance and adapt to changes in the business environment.
- Manage treasury function, including monitoring and improving cash flow, foreign currency exposure, debt management and other financial transactions.
- Oversee all risk and compliance programmes relevant to the role, including insurance, company policies and legal issues as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders including bankers, auditors and legal advisors, including assessing existing provision for improvement opportunities.
- Ensuring the business's financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation and oversee all audit and tax work for the company.
- Evaluate and prepare submissions for capex ensuring a clear investment case for the Board, and monitoring and reporting on ROI from internal and external investment.
- Active role in mergers and acquisitions, assisting with company identification and valuation, return criteria, business case, due diligence and integration.
- Develop and monitor Group incentive schemes and ensure they are optimized to support business goals.
- Input into commercial tenders, pitches and negotiations with customers.
- Management, development and coaching of existing finance team.
- fully Qualified Accountant CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Over 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Proactive 'can do' attitude
- Strategic thinker with logical and organised approach
- Driven and hungry
- Experience of managing change within an SME environment
- Proven experience at strategic level
- Sound judgement, ability to retain confidentiality and use discretion
- Experience of working within a product-based business
On offer is a competitive salary plus bonus scheme, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
You'll also be given a platform to progress your role to Finance Director level.