Head of Finance
|Job Title:||Head of Finance|
|Salary:||£44k - 46k per year|
|Contact Name:||Katie Wilson-Smith|
|Job Published:||November 27, 2020 08:43|
Looking for a varied Head of Finance role? Would you like to work for an organisation with an impressive history of really making a difference in the local area? Are you a qualified Accountant with experience in the charitable sector? If yes, please read on!
Robertson Bell are currently working with an inspirational charity to help them recruit a new Head of Finance. Reporting into the Chief Executive you would be fully responsible for all aspects of financial management, the treasury function, statutory accounting and overseeing all policies and procedures. Responsibilities for this role will also include:
- Develop finance processes and ensure systems are performing to the required standard at all times.
- Assist with the running of additional back office functions including asset management and property and business development, identifying key opportunities for generating income.
- Present to the Board of Trustees and senior management team.
- Lead on the preparation of year end accounts and liaise with external auditors.
- Oversee the compliance function and liaise with regulators.
- Support the production of the management accounts.
- Lead on the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Suggest improvements to enable accounting development and provide training to relevant staff.
- Submit annual and monthly returns and deal with all tax and VAT queries.
- Measure the treasury function and develop the long-term cash flow.
- Management of a small team, providing training, leadership and motivation.
This organisation operates across Wiltshire and Swindon and is devoted to support the local people. his role would eventually be based at the organisations head office near Chippenham. This opportunity would best suit someone with previous experience in a Head of Finance role within the not for profit sector. This position will initially be offered on a two year fixed term contract basis but has a high chance of turning permanent.
This successful candidate will be:
- A qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA).
- Experienced in the charity sector.
- Experienced leading on the year end process.
- Experienced leading on the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Confident suggesting process improvements.
- An experienced people manager.
- An excellent communicator.
If interested, please do not delay in applying as CV’s will be reviewed daily.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Interim Head of Finance
Up to £61832 per annum + Civil Service Pension & Holiday
Interim Section 151 Officer/Executive Head of Finance
£800 - £900 per day
£45k - 50k per year
£42000.00 - £46000.00 per annum + LGPS, Flexible working
Finance Business Partner
£500 - £550 per day + inside IR35