Welwyn Garden City
£50k per year
16 days ago
Jubilee House Care Trust are partnering exclusively with Robertson Bell to recruit to a Head of Finance role on a permanent, part time basis. Jubilee House are a small but vibrant charity based in Welwyn Garden City and has six properties providing different types of care and support for adults and children with learning disabilities within Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Enfield. Following redundancy from the current Head of Finance they are now looking to recruit to this key role.
Jubilee House’s services cover a wide spectrum of learning disability needs, including those with associated mobility and physical disabilities. Their care is tailored to meet the individuals needs and they have a team of approximately 80 staff with varied levels of experience and knowledge about the care industry and the challenges of providing a good quality of care.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Providing financial management and reporting to the CEO and Board of Trustees in order to support the running and development of the business
- Advising the Chief Executive Officer and Treasurer in relation to financial risk management
- Take the lead on Governance matters and work with the Governance Committee to ensure compliance
- Providing reports, analysis, and forecasts to meet operational and business development needs
- Maintaining and improving financial policy and procedures, ensuring legislative compliance and robust controls
- Providing support to the budget holders and Registered Managers on financial matters
- Monitoring and controlling financial practices against agreed policy and procedure
- To act as the Company Secretary and deliver the appropriate support to the Board of Trustees
- Ensuring the appropriate Governance controls and practices are in place
- Having an overview of the Fund Raising and Donations process, tracking applications and responses
In 1977, having identified that services for children with a learning disability were insufficient to meet local needs, Jubilee House Care Trust was established as a charity, affiliated to Mencap. It was later incorporated as a not for profit company, in 1987. 33 years on the charity continues to evolve and now offers a new supported living service, an improved outreach service and increased hours of support to service users.
This opportunity will offer 30 hours per week on a flexible basis however candidates applying must live a reasonable commute from their Welwyn Garden City Head Office.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant.
- Have expert knowledge of charity SORP accounting
- Have experience of managing financial systems, including setting and managing budgets, management accounts and cash flow, etc.
- Have the first-class ability to prepare year-end accounts and annual budgets in line with charity SORP.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate staff, to develop and maintain quality relationships with staff, volunteers, trustees, clients and suppliers, funders and donors.
CV’s are being viewed on a daily basis with first stage screening interviews happening the week commencing 16th November. Applications will will be under constant review before the closing date so please submit your application to our exclusive search agent Robertson Bell. Apply now to be considered!