£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + benefits
22 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Prestigious organisation based in Leicestershire seek to appoint a Head of Finance.
Your new company
Prestigious and renowned organisation based in Leicestershire are seeking to appoint a qualified Head of Finance to support the executive board in driving financial performance in line with expectations and budgets.
Your new role
As a key member of the senior leadership team, you will be responsible for the monitoring and control of the financial performance of the organisation as well as providing financial planning and analysis, strategic and commercial guidance. In addition you will be responsible for the internal controls and governance whilst also overseeing the outsourced IT function.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include;
- Manage the finance team through a collaborative and supportive approach.
- Prepare annual budgets and interim forecasts working with the Senior Management Team.
- Prepare monthly accounts, reporting by activity against budget, and reviewing for potential corrective action.
- Prepare annual accounts and supporting schedules for the annual audit
- Manage cash flow including close monitoring of trade debtors.
- Manage short term investments through the organisation's advisers.
- Company Secretarial duties
- Statutory returns to Companies House and the Charity Commission.
- Tax returns relating to staff and service provider payrolls and reporting to HMRC of untaxed payments to same.
- VAT returns including partial exemption calculations.
- Other returns and routines as required including payroll, banking, supplier relationships, fixed assets register.
- Insurance, banking and pension matters including relationships with relevant external agencies.
- Maintain a detailed working knowledge of Sage Line 50, Excel, and the Institute's database.
- Involvement, as necessary, in matters affecting office arrangements, systems and routines.
- Provide guidance and support to the senior management team in planning, implementing, and monitoring of financial aspects of the organisation's activity.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be a confident and engaging qualified finance professional, able to demonstrate a strong track record in driving performance, influencing and leading strategy. You will have a pro-active approach to process and systems improvement and a desire to drive the performance and profile of the organization.
What you'll get in return
The successful applicant will be rewarded with an attractive salary package, a challenging and varied role in a prestigious and respected organization. You will be an integral member of the senior leadership team and as such will pay a key part in devising and implementing strategy.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.