£55k - 60k per year
18 days ago
Looking for a role that offers the chance to have a direct impact on the development of an organisations finance department? Do you have solid finance experience in the education sector? Are you a confident leader? If yes, this could be your next role!
Robertson Bell are partnering with an impressive multi-academy trust whilst they recruit for a permanent Head of Finance. This organisation prides itself on always offering a commendable service and promotes excellence throughout all of its academies. This permanent Head of Finance will play an important part in the Head Office function advising the Board, COO and CEO on all financial matters related to the organisation. Responsibilities for this role will also include:
- Deliver vital strategic direction to the wider organisation and advise the Executive Board on financial matters.
- Lead on the delivery and development of the financial strategic ensuring it supports the objectives of the organisation.
- Lead on budgeting, month end accounts submission, the annual audit report and cash flow reports.
- Review organisation wide contracts ensuring value for money is always maintained and that any tenders are in line with relevant regulations.
- Act as the main point of contact for the organisations banking provider and oversee the management of accounts, access and users.
- Ensure financial processes, policies and systems are robust and that they meet the requirements of the auditors.
- Oversee the completion of VAT returns and submit statutory accounts.
- Monitor the annual budgets of each school.
- Review the three and five year rolling forecast.
The organisation has a head office in central London however the successful candidate will start their role working from home on a remote basis. This opportunity will best suit someone with previous experience in the education sector or someone with extensive experience in a Head of Finance role.
This successful candidate will be:
- Experienced in the education sector.
- Experienced leading a small team.
- Experienced leading year and month end processes.
- Confident suggesting process improvements.
- An excellent communicator.
If interested, please do not delay in applying as CV’s will be reviewed daily.