Head of Finance
|Job Title:||Head of Finance|
|Salary:||Up to £45000 per annum + excellent benefits|
|Contact Name:||Imogen Brown|
|Job Published:||March 06, 2020 14:05|
Anglican Communion Office are exclusively partnering with Robertson Bell to recruit a newly created Head of Finance to join their developing organisation. With exciting plans on the horizon, this will be a critical position for the Anglican Communion Office (ACO) to implement significant changes across a multi-faceted finance function.
About the Anglican Communion Office
The Anglican Communion is one of the world's largest Christian communities. It has tens of millions of members in more than 165 countries around the globe. All of their 40 provinces are autonomous and free to make their own decisions - guided by recommendations from the four Instruments: the Archbishop of Canterbury, the Anglican Consultative Council, the Primates' Meeting, and the Lambeth Conference. Based near Paddington, the ACO is the permanent Secretariat for the Instruments. During this exciting period as they approach Lambeth Conference 2020, a once in a decade gathering of around 1300 international bishops and spouses, this Head of Finance role will be crucial to the oversight of the finance function and managing a small team.
This role will report directly into the Director of Finance and Resources and will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead a small finance team and manage all aspects of ongoing financial operations of the ACO and related charities
- Work towards the budget and financial planning processes including acting as an effective business partner to budget holders including donor reporting
- Implement and improve financial processes across the function including supporting the Director of Finance with advancing management reporting and an upcoming system upgrade
- Oversee transactional elements of the function including expenses, purchase ledger and petty cash
- Forecast and manage cash flow to optimise between investment returns and operational needs
- Assist in the production of annual statutory accounts and works as a key contact for external auditors
- Taking responsibility of the development of key commercial contracts and provide expertise on key financial negotiations with suppliers
- Ad hoc duties as required
This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive and ambitious finance professional to take ownership of the finance function. The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA)
- Be a confident communicator and able to work positively with a diverse range of staff members and external partners
- Take the initiative to provide pragmatic solutions to improve finance functions without compromising efficiency
- Ideally have a background within the charity sector however other backgrounds will be considered
- Have an understanding of, and be sympathetic to, the life and work of the Anglican Communion
As a newly created opportunity, there is substantial scope to mould this role around the successful candidate's strongest qualities in order to add significant value to the team. Also, the successful candidate will receive direct and supportive management internally from an experienced senior team who are committed to investing in staff development.
There are also impressive career progression opportunities across the team as well as excellent benefits including flexible working, a 10% employer contribution pension and 30 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays.
This role is being exclusively handled by Robertson Bell on behalf of Anglican Communion Office. Please apply now or contact Imogen at Robertson Bell directly for more details.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Finance
£50000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
Head of Finance
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + benefits
Head of Finance and Administration
45000 pro rata (3 days per week)
Interim Head of Finance Business Partnering
£350 - £450 per day
Head of Finance and Corporate Services
£65k - 71k per year