Head of Finance
|Job Title:||Head of Finance|
|Salary:||£90000.00 - £105000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Euan Begbie|
|Job Published:||February 27, 2020 17:21|
Head of Finance, Nottingham, £90,000 - £105,000p/a + car + bonus
Hays Senior Finance are delighted to be partnering with a global US owned business to recruit a Head of Finance for their UK & Ireland business. This is a high profile position that will see you report to the European Accounting Director and manage a team of 18. The business is going through a global transformation/change programme and you will play an integral part of this in the UK & Ireland business.
You will be responsible for all Accounting activities including US GAAP reporting and SOX documentation. Additionally you will closely with the European FP&A function and outsourced Shared Service Centre.
Brief overview of responsibilities:
- Responsible for SOX documentation, VAT, US GAAP and Statutory Audits for UK & Ireland as well as timely filling of statutory accounts and tax filings.
- Lead the accounting team in the UK & Ireland. Provide support and guidance to managers
- Identify and drive process improvement initiatives within the business.
- Ensure timely processing of AP, Fixed Asset, Treasury, and other accounting activities.
- Identify opportunities for improved productivity and efficiency and reduced cost of the accounting operations.
- Close coordination with the regional business finance and operations
- Close coordination with the tax team on compliance efforts (including VAT) and legal entity simplification.
- Lead month-end closing for UK & Ireland. Coordinate with FP&A and Operations team where analysis is required to prepare journal entries and review the financials before completing the month-end close process.
- Support FP&A with details of transactions or account movements when requested.
To be considered for this role you will be fully qualified (ideally ACA/ACCA from a large Practice), technically strong with up to date knowledge of US GAAP and SOX controls, 10 + years of experience in a similar large US owned business and have significant transformation experience.
This is a rare opportunity to join an organisation going through a significant period of change where you will have the chance to truly add value to the UK & Ireland business.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Finance
Doncaster, South Yorkshire
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + various benefits
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
£70000 - £80000 per annum + Car, bonus, pension, healthcare